Take This Job And Shove it!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Ooops, I thought I won 5 million not 5 thou. Can I have my job back, please? Never burn a bridge until you cross it. I've only quit a job unofficially once when I was a young payroll clerk and was looking at 500 timecards on my desk I had to post hours for. 500 of the stinkin things and that was only 1/2 of the folks in my dept.It had 1000 hourly rated employees. I looked around the office and saw 25 little robots with their noses buried in those cards and the Jr. man had over 10 years doing it. I couldn't see myself doing that for another day let alone for life. I lost it, stood up and walked out without saying a word. The next morning I got the call from Industrial Relations now Human Resources and the gentleman that I knew personally through the dept. Hockey team asked me to come in for a talk. I was ready to move on to bigger and better things I told him. He told me they have been keeping an eye on me for a while and offered me a supervisors position through the graduate engineer training program in operations in the brand new plant being built on the north shore of Lake Erie. People were clamoring to go to the clean state of the art brand spankin' new plant with all the latest modern technology. He said the brass couldn't believe I lasted the year I had been in that bull pen with the other 25 robots. It was all a test and the rest is history. I stopped into the payroll dept. 25 years latter and low and behold there were still a few of the same guys and gals doing the same job minus the time cards 25 years latter. Take this job and shove it lightly where the Sun don't shine.