Tis better to ask forgiveness....

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
If my kids were still in HS a Super Crew would have been required. Now that they are in college not necessary. The Supercab will work just fine for the Admiral, me and the dog.
That was my wife's argument against the Supercrew when we bought the truck a year ago.

A year later and numerous trips / vacations with kids (and boy friends), family and friends, she can't live without the extra room and / or seating for 7.

We did compromise and went with the 5.5 ft. bed. The truck was "too long" with the 6.5 bed.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Good luck with your Ford. There are good and bad with any vehicles we choose to buy. The main reason I got the Chevy was the price plus GM gave me $3500.00 for my old 89 GMC Sierra that had 350,000 miles on it. My next door neighbour Jim bought a brand new 2011 F-150 just before we did and paid over 10K more than we did. It's just a truck, I don't need plastic woodgrain to pull the boat or plastic chrome bezels on the instruments to load bags of concrete in her . My wife never drove my Sieraa short box stepside and she had to back it out of the driveway for some reason. She saw I was using one of her MIA throw pillows on the drivers seat duck taped to hold it in place and I had screwed a piece of plywood into the floor that was missing on the drivers side ala Fred Flintstone. I had cut a 7 iron to use as the shifter. I wasn't looking for a new truck, I loved that old beater. I got her out of a 6 foot snow drift once. I couldn't kill it. It had earned her 350,000 miles, oh and it had dual exhaust that woke the dead that some kid had put on her.

Again good luck with your F-150.

64osby

Admiral
I like vehicles that go from A to B, don't require much maintenance, don't cost a small fortune, and are paid for.

This one is three out of four so far. Time will tell how much maintenance it requires.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I chose the full sized rear doors on the Silverado. A buddy had a F-150 with the 1 mini door to get into the mini back seat. He picked me up once for the 1st and last time to go Golfing. I got shoved into the corner without the door or window. I had a panic attack and remembered it for any of my future passengers. They were grateful. Especially my elderly Mom who sat in the back seat and my 6' tall wife. I see now they have a Silverado that has what looks to be 2 rear doors not full size, about 3/4s.