2019 NFL - Week 2

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Tonite

NFL Network
TB at Carolina
Currently in a weather delay

Just when you thought ABs deal was done in NE, now he's been accused of raping his trainer. Stayed tuned. The drama continues.

Bell's, Jets, shoulder MRI showed no major tear. Not sure what that really means.

Tyrek Hill, KC, is out 4 - 6 weeks, sternoclavicular joint injury, collarbone....

Sam Darnold, QB Jets, out for at least a week with mono. Whose he been kissin'...
laugh.gif

Can't find my usual injury report........ Still in pre-season mode like alot of teams....:laugh:

Demaryius Thomas NE traded to the Jets for a 6th round pick...

OBJ is going to continue to wear his $350k watch during games....:photo:

Rodgers doesn't want the Packer fans doing the wave when they're on offense. The only wave he'll see is when he's carted off the field at Lambeau. :laugh:

Power Rankings
1) Packers
2) Patriots
3) Rams
4) Chargers
5) Chiefs
6) Falcons
7) Saints
8) Eagles
9) Stillers
10) Jags
11) Bears
32) Fins
Disagree with that list.... Except the Fins....

Iboats Pick 'Em:
1) GA_boater
2) SPJAG00 1
Each with 12 wins!

3) FlaCowboy
3) bassman
3) 12vMan
3) Bulldogz
All with 11 wins!

Delay is over, let's play!!!!

Musky

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well Sam, we have further to fall before we begin mucking the bilge. The landing is gonna hurt. OUCH!

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Musky you know the game is at Lambeau? and it is considered bad form to want to see a player carted off the field.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I do now. Too busy to really research, even my team.....

Don't worry, he'll be carted off even with a stubbed toe..

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190913_141731.jpg Views:	1 Size:	134.8 KB ID:	10799361

Last edited:

DeepCMark58A

Commander
No that would be Rhodes, he comes off the field acting like his leg is broke, 1 series later he is back out on the field.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Watching our Bill at NY Giants. 1st series that beast of a man Barkley runs for 55 yards and a TD. Bills go for 21 unanswered points in the 1st half shutting down Barkley and Manning. Neither team can do anything in the 3rd. Manning seems to move the ball early in the 4th and score on a great pass. I want to go take a nap. I still have nightmares about a Bills team being beaten when my pal Scott kicks the winner, err loser, WIDE RIGHT. Hold on der Bubba, Bill 1st and goal. Wake me up when Sports Center is on.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Vikes let the Packers get out by 21 early. Now 21 - 16 . Horrific offensive PI calls. TD calked back. And Cousins cant get it done... 1st and goal and he thru up a hail mary while running 4 his life... Oy...

GA_Boater

Picked the home team. So Big Ben gets hurt and lose by 2! :tsk:

GA_Boater

Brees whacks his thumb and Bridgewater takes over for the Saints.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Jags coach decided to go for 2 for the win instead of OT ...27 didn’t make it . I’m calling him bust ....
Im done with Fournett ..

Old Ironmaker

Captain
As they say "Any given Sunday". I think this year is the changing of the guard. Not all of it but most of it.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I do not get the whining about PI calls on the 3 that were called during the Packer/viking game. All 3 calls the interference was evident.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'll just address the one where they took away the td 4 Diggs. Which cost the Vikes the game. That was a bunch hooey. The announcers and their expert agreed. Ok , fine. So was Thielens.... I've heard nothing but complaints across the league with this new rule. It's a 1yr trial, hopefully they do away with it. You basically have a guy in New York throwing a flag.. At least with Diggs. And no, it wasn't on Diggs....... And had no bearing on the play...

DeepCMark58A

Commander
The downfield block on the pass was evident. It is funny living in Minnesota and listening to sports talk on the radio. Viking whine line after a loss is usually entertaining.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'll just address the one where they took away the td 4 Diggs. Which cost the Vikes the game. That was a bunch hooey. The announcers and their expert agreed. Ok , fine. So was Thielens.... I've heard nothing but complaints across the league with this new rule. It's a 1yr trial, hopefully they do away with it. You basically have a guy in New York throwing a flag.. At least with Diggs. And no, it wasn't on Diggs....... And had no bearing on the play...

Too many reasons to slow down an already slower game than it was pre "replay review" era. When I was working shifts if I high tailed it home at 3 PM listened on the radio and was speeding I might catch some of the 4th quarter if I was lucky, a 1PM game ended around 3:30. Now a game ends well after 4. We have had PI penalty review here in Canada in the CFL now for a few years. No penalty should be 60 yards, sometimes more. 3rd and long wheel it down the field even in tight coverage and hope for the penalty, 3 things can happen, incomplete, a 60 yard penalty for interference or an interception that might be as good or better than a punt. Whst do you have to lose, nada. ,Too many ways to slow down a game now. We don't want Football to become Baseball which can be as boring as watching paint dry. Besides that it darn cold sitting in the stands in November and December anywhere in Canada except the foo foo's that sit in a dome, January in the States. Too long and too cold.

Last edited: