Alternate Endings, 6 New Ways to Die in America

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Wife and I are meeting with the funeral director on Friday to solidify our plans and prepay them so that is done and out of the way and the kids don't have to worry about it.

That's a good thing you are doing. Mom and Dad did the same thing and they both passed within 8 months of one another recently. It was a big stress off my 2 brothers and myself knowing it was all taken care of. They did it 25 years ago, the cost would be double today. They went into a wall. I don't know about that. I'm claustrophobic, no box and no wall or ditch for me.

My wife want's a Viking funeral. I said no problem but not using my boat. Then she reminded me who's name is on the registration.Then I reminded her she wouldn't know if she was on a boat or a sheet of plywood.

dwco5051

Commander
Wife and I are meeting with the funeral director on Friday to solidify our plans and prepay them so that is done and out of the way and the kids don't have to worry about it.

We did the same a couple of years ago. When we met with the rep from the cremation place he came to our home and we already had invited the kids that live close down too so everybody knew what was up. $1200 each, they come pick us up anywhere in the state and mail the ashes back in a "Tupperware" container.

Before I remarried my plan was for burial at sea. I was going to specify that every Chief Petty Officer from the engineering division would have to be in the Honor Platoon at the services. That way at least someone would be sorry at my passing. I can just see 6 or 8 Chiefs having to change out of their wash khakis or coveralls into the service dress uniform for the ceremony and I could imagine them grumbling to each other "I have no idea who that old Chief was but I sure wish he wouldn't have died."

sloopy

Commander

That sounds depressing.
I like the one guys idea of being mixed with his dog.

aspeck

Staff member
That sounds depressing.
I like the one guys idea of being mixed with his dog.

Actually not depressing at all. Death is a part of life and the easier we can make it on our loved ones, the better. One less worry. All done. Party time!