College Football 2019

Old Ironmaker

Captain
This is about the time of year I start to follow the College games. Especially now that there is almost a campionship game and not some team that sports writers vote as champions. A real playoff series would be great. Without a personal affiliation for a team whether as an alma mater or a reginal College it's tough to follow the myriad of teams and the several divisions, even Youngstown State where I got my 15 minutes in years ago. I think they televised 1 of thier games last year.

I need some help here guys. Apparently there is a Canuck kid playing ball in the States, a running back, that is on fire. Does anyone know what his name is? Thanks.

Old Ironmaker

Captain

Thank you, that be him. Now there's a name that's easy to remember. Man what a season he is having. The HOFer Barry Sanders was a Cowboy. 2850 yards in his Jr. year and 42TD's and a Heisman. It must be an honour for Chuba to be mentioned in the same sentence as Mr. Sanders. The kid sounds like he is grounded and humble. It will be interesting to see if he stays 1 more season in Oklahoma, Barry Sanders went strait to the NFL after his Jr. year. He certainly is getting his touches averaging 32 carries in his last 4 games. That is a heavy workload even for a 20 year old, he isn't fully grown yet. Apparently World class speed at 6'1" and 207. There's 2 things in Alberta for a young man to do, play hockey and or work in the Tar Sands. He isn't going to do either. I hope he stays healthy.

aspeck

Staff member
Oklahoma Sooners are hurting from 3 players, starting defensive end Ronnie Perkins, #2 running back Phamondre Stevens and freshman receiver Trejan Bridges being suspended for their playoff game against LSU. If they should win, there has been no indication if they would or would not play in the Championship game. Coach Riley has not said why they are suspended.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I see the bowl games started and I havent made any picks..... Given u guys a head start..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You're only down by 1 point, Musky. We all picked Buffalo in the 1st game and Utah St. in the 2nd. Kent St. just iced it to beat Utah St.

aspeck

Staff member
I think I saw that FIU suspended some players also. Oh boy ... the suspensions and players not playing in bowl games will start adding up

aspeck

Staff member
Watched it live. Not a smart move ... emotions got a little out of hand!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I saw it live, too. Glass sure picked a bad way to end his college career.

McGill getting tossed for spitting on a Pitt player wasn't a smart move either. :doh: