22Syracuse0-0209
23Washington State0-0200
158.png
Nebraska
0-0154
25Stanford0-0141

aspeck

Staff member
So, what do you think? Who is over rated, who is under rated, and who is going to be in the final 4?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow!! would ya look at the 24 team !
I think 7 and 8 should swap places ..
especially after last years trouncing ..:D

aspeck

Staff member
I think PSU at 15 is a stretch for now. They lost a lot of key starters last year and the heir-apparent QB went to play with his old coach at Mississippi State. There are a lot of hopes that Gifford can be the QB they hope he is capable of being (he was very accurate in the games he played in last year his QB rating was astounding). Ricky Slade should be able to shoulder the running back responsibility left to him with Miles Sanders departure. The D-line looks like it COULD be talented in spite of losing most of the starters. The receiving corps has to be better than last year (so many dropped balls it was pathetic ... the receivers lost half of the games for PSU). So there is a lot of HOPE that they could be a top 20 team, and maybe even a top 10, but to say they are 15 at this juncture ... well, that is a gamble at best.

Same could be said for OSU ... new coach, new QB, hmmm ...the question is, will this be the year that Michigan beats them?

Nebraska at 24? Maybe ... we will need an expert to give us the low-down there.

sam60

Captain
Hey! Was able to log in and get to a page and post! Pretty cool logo at 24! Scott Frost will do great things in the future. Catch you later...

RGrew176

Commander
Up here in the Great State Of Michigan we are hoping that this is the year things start to come together. Another loss to Ohio State and I will begin to wonder if we ever will beat them again.

GO BLUE.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Me thinks there is a Nebraska fan amongst us. I predict that those rankings are going to change and quickly. It was a big NFL draft year for impact players across all conferences on both sides of the ball. Many O linemen were chosen early. A College team , any league really, lives and dies by the quality of the O line. No new news to good coaches, fans are starting to get it these days.

To answer the $, GEORGIA, OHIO STATE, OREGON and FLORIDA, OK NEBRASKA 4TH.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Gators vs Canes tomorrow night !
Getting my snacks together ! Gunna be fun !
Here we go fella’s time for some College FB !!!
🐊. 🏈

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
OH-----IO!!!!! GO BUCKS!!!!

In all truthfulness my Buckeyes are overrated considering new coach, untested QB and hiring a DC from that darn school up north...at least Schiano is gone but bring in a blue and yellar guy???

That school up north is probably way over rated. They start in the top 10 every year and seldom finish in the top 25? Why not just move them up quickly if they actually look good? Harbaugh is a nut but his players seem to love him...I hope for the sake of the B1G that he gets every win except for the last regular game...oh, and I like it when little brother punches him in the teeth too.

When it's all said and done though it will be the same...Clemson and Saban...again, 😥

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I also think Indiana and possibly NW could throw some wrenches into finely mashed gear trains this season...

Nebraska will be interesting...not unlike the nfls' lions...they are used to underperforming...its gonna take one heck of a coaching job to change that mindset but if he can pull it off, look out. CFP would not be out of the picture if they can win the B1G. They have a fairly easy schedule but long travels...

aspeck

Staff member
Old Ironmaker , Sam60 is the Nebraska fan ... the big red N was for him.

I certainly love college ball more than the pro level ... there is so much more passion and love of the game. I know it is still big business ... huge business for the schools, coaches, and even players ... but heads haven't gotten as big, money isn't the sole driver, there is excitement, teamwork, and passion. I would rather watch a college game than a pro game any day, and my wife accuses me of watching every pro game I possibly can ... she loves to watch PSU play, but has no idea why I want to watch every B1G game, every Kentucky game, every college game possible. She knows that she won't get much "outside work" done because college ball is starting and hunting season is right behind that ...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Old Ironmaker , money isn't the sole driver, ...

An argument can be made against that statement aspeck .The only people not making money are the kids on the field. A recent TSN documentary shows the non Super Stars basically dumpster diving for food. And the only food that can afford is fast food which isn't what a finely tuned athlete needs. Sad if you ask me.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Somehow someway we pulled it off .. 24-20 Gators ... Stupid penalties just about did us in .. That and not wrapping up on tackles in the first half .. I can’t believe we pulled that one out ...But we’ll take it ! Go Gators !!!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I quit counting Cane arm tackles at 11.I predict some starters from Saturday will be on the 2's forTuesdays practice.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I do think the Canes are getting better . The defense is pretty stout and the young QB is showing promise ..
On another note .. My Gators are the only undefeated team in the nation right now ! :p

RGrew176

Commander
You might want to rethink that. There's a bunch of undefeated teams still out there. Any team that is 0 - 0 is still undefeated.

aspeck

Staff member
I do think the Canes are getting better . The defense is pretty stout and the young QB is showing promise ..
On another note .. My Gators are the only undefeated team in the nation right now ! :p

Actually there are a LOT of undefeated teams right now ... the Canes are the only DEFEATED team.

aspeck

Staff member
Truth be told, Gators are tied with mighty Hawaii, also a 1-0 team, having beaten Arizona on Saturday night/Sunday morning by the score of 45-38.

15 games are slated for Thursday night and 9 games for Friday night, so there will soon be a lot more joining the ranks of the 1-0 status.