Best Ring(??) alarm/security system?

ezbtr

Commander
I'm thinking 2 cameras (front/back door) Smart phone capable, possibly wireless, movement activated, what else?? I just want to be alerted of who's at front door bell, and the back/side gate area, Thanks guys! :)

aspeck

Staff member
I went with the Ring system about 6 months ago and am not disappointed. I went with their cheapest door bells ($99.99 each). For the first month you get all the bells and whistles, then after a month you cannot store video and only see the live event. It cost $3 per bell or camera per month, or $10 per month per house. I have 4 to cover all areas of the house and it is great. They are easy to set up and install. If you do not have door bells at your house, you will probably want to add the $49 solar charger for the devises, or just plan on loosening 2 screws and charging the video door bells every few days. You can purchase a wireless chime devise for the video door bells, or just use your phone. However, if you house is wired with an existing door bell and chime, they will be compatible.

You can set the alerts to your phone with distinct chimes, vibration, or nothing at all. You can block out most of the road in front of your house, so you are not annoyed by cars passing on the road. We like ours.

ezbtr

Commander
I went with the Ring system about 6 months ago and am not disappointed. I went with their cheapest door bells ($99.99 each). For the first month you get all the bells and whistles, then after a month you cannot store video and only see the live event. It cost $3 per bell or camera per month, or $10 per month per house. I have 4 to cover all areas of the house and it is great. They are easy to set up and install. If you do not have door bells at your house, you will probably want to add the $49 solar charger for the devises, or just plan on loosening 2 screws and charging the video door bells every few days. You can purchase a wireless chime devise for the video door bells, or just use your phone. However, if you house is wired with an existing door bell and chime, they will be compatible.

You can set the alerts to your phone with distinct chimes, vibration, or nothing at all. You can block out most of the road in front of your house, so you are not annoyed by cars passing on the road. We like ours.

Thanks!! Looking now :)

ezbtr

Commander
For now ordered the solar power, camera,doorbell w/ video,video saving,and audio, will alert all(haha no pun) once I install it, will prob add one for back of house later, but will require wifi extender (coincidentally my oler daughter's boyfriend works for that company) :cool:

Pony

Rear Admiral
I have Ring and love it. 2 doorbells, a chime, and 2 spotlight cameras. The batteries have been lasting 6-8 weeks so far. The spotlight cameras have 2 battery slots so you can keep one in and charge the other. It’s pretty convenient and I have the cameras in spots that I can access to change them when need be.

Attachments

• photo319340.jpg
    photo319340.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 0

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Was on the news where with Ring and you do the neighborhood watch thing that police and other govt officials can access all without your approval. That seems off to me.

ezbtr

Commander
Was on the news where with Ring and you do the neighborhood watch thing that police and other govt officials can access all without your approval. That seems off to me.

Just prepping mine now, damn near blinded myself with spotlight test, I believe you can tweak that feature

ezbtr

Commander
Installed the one camera/spot light w/ audio and video, works great, and it's BRIGHT!! All solar powered

bigdee

Commander
Check out WYSE cameras. More features than ring such as distinguishing a person from other motion. Best of all is price of cameras at $20 each. I use the person detection mode to trigger my bedroom light to come on if there is an intruder at night. WYSE has AC plugs that can interact with cameras. They also have WiFi motion sensors and switches.

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
We have a ring doorbell which is hardwired and a remote solar powered camera. They have become rather erratic and slow to respond. There have been times when the UPS guy will make a delivery placed right under the camera and the ring wont go off until his is back in his truck and pulling away. The remote used to have night vision, not anymore. Used to watch deer wander around in the yard, never picks them up anymore. We are looking at changing brands.

Glenn

ezbtr

Commander
We have a ring doorbell which is hardwired and a remote solar powered camera. They have become rather erratic and slow to respond. There have been times when the UPS guy will make a delivery placed right under the camera and the ring wont go off until his is back in his truck and pulling away. The remote used to have night vision, not anymore. Used to watch deer wander around in the yard, never picks them up anymore. We are looking at changing brands.

Glenn

could be your internet connection