Good day of boating Karma

harringtondav

Commander
At our summer house on the Miss river S of Dubuque IA. Up on the deck watching a couple of young guys in the death zone (1/2 mile up from the ramp where all iffy boats sputter out after clearing the no wake). 16' older boat with a late 80's Merc 60-70 hp OB. Power up, 30-100 yds good, then sputter, fail. Start up, rev good at idle, in gear 30-60 yds, sputter fail. Circle, repeat for 4-5 times. Then I hail them over: "You have a fuel delivery issue. Your carbs are getting gas, but not enough for power. Open you fuel tank vent!" Guy: "Duh, the vent knob is twisted off". Me: "Crack the tank cap loose, but don't let gas slosh". Power up, thumbs up. ....hope the chucklehead gets a new vented tank cap.

Late afternoon, wicked thunderstorm with horiz. hail and blinding rain. A Sea Ray w/3 young guys and 3 girls ties up on the neighbor's dock in survival mode. Wife and I hail them up to our house. Towels, potty, beer. After an hour the storm cleared off, and so did they. Same thing happened two weeks ago in a sudden storm with a guy and two girls.

I hope God is a boater. If so, Gena and I are in solid.