2019 Nascar - Kentcky - Race #19 Tripleheader

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This weekend marks the downhill slide to the season ending race at Homestead. 18 down and 18 to go. 8 races left before the 10 race playoffs.

Got a full slate at Kentucky this weekend with Cup, X-Men and Trucks. Trucks race tonight, X-Men tomorrow night and Cup races Saturday night. Weather for tonight shows a chance of isolated T-Storms while Friday and Saturday look clear. Sure hope rain doesn't mess with the schedule. Looking at the weekend schedule for MRN, Trucks are already on the track for practice and a Trucker is the 1st inspection casualty;

Kentucky Schedule of Events

All Times Eastern
Thursday, July 11
Gander Outdoors Truck Series Practice: 9:35 a.m.-10:25 a.m.
Gander Outdoors Truck Series Final Practice: 11:05 a.m.-11:55 a.m.
Xfinity Series Practice: 3:05 p.m.-3:55 p.m.
Gander Outdoors Truck Series Qualifying: 4:05 p.m. (FS1)
Xfinity Series Final Practice: 6:00 p.m.-6:50 p.m.
Radio Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (FS1)
Gander Outdoors Truck Series Buckle Up In Your Truck 225: 7:30 p.m. (MRN/FS1)
Friday, July 12
Monster Energy Cup Series Practice: 11:35 a.m.-12:25 p.m. (NBCSN)
Monster Energy Cup Series Final Practice: 1:35 p.m.-2:25 p.m. (NBCSN)
Xfinity Series Qualifying: 4:15 p.m. (NBCSN)
Monster Energy Cup Series Qualifying: 6:05 p.m. (NBCSN)
Radio Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (PRN)
TV Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (NBCSN)
Xfinity Series Alsco 300: 7:30 p.m. (PRN/NBCSN)
Saturday, July 13
Radio Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (PRN)
TV Pre-Race: 6:00 p.m. (NBCSN)
Monster Energy Cup Series Quaker State 400: 7:30 p.m. (PRN/NBCSN)

News and Notes
  • The #52 Truck of Stewart Friesen was confiscated during inspection this morning. It's a brand new truck and Nascar had an issue with the firewall. He switched to the backup truck.
  • The Whining Twerp got an ESPY last night. Best
  • Sometimes you just need to have some fun. Kurt Busch came in for a pit stop while leading with one to go on the final restart and the race was red flagged. He had the race in the bag if he had stayed out. His crew chief, Matt McCall made a video response to some of the tweets about his decision to bring Busch1 in to pit - It's Tuesday and I'm still here. <- Click it.
  • TV ratings - The rain delayed Coke 400 got a 2.23 number. Don't know what it was last year.

iBoats Fantasy Live
  • FloridaFishingNetwork took home his 3rd :first:. Should we call him Mr. Rainmaker? :smile: Congrats FFN.
  • justkiddin 5 had his overall lead cut in half. The rain washed away a nice cushion and he's only 34 points over FloridaCowboy.
  • The pole locks at 6:05 PM EST tomorrow for your last chance to pick the pole sitter.

Humpty

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Tyler Ankrum won the Truck race tonight. First time a winner in one of the top 3 series was born in the 2000's. I think I'm gonna feel old!

Chastain had a good race and is in the top 20 points-wise. If he stays there and with his race win, hes locked into the Truck playoffs.

GA_Boater

First Cup practice is history. Top 5 - Busch1, Almirola, Suarez, Johnson and The Whining Twerp. Final practice is 1:35 - 2:25.

X-Racer Cindric lost his crew chief after Nascar found an unapproved front body mod during inspection yesterday prior to X-Practice.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Friesen had a pretty dang good race for running a backup truck. Bummer for Moffit, my boy is a big fan of his. Turns out racecars need gas to win races, who knew?

I would have loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved to hear what Mister Twerp was saying on the radio during that 15 minute span where all of his trucks got trashed.

Also, there's no way Jones didn't intentionally spin Enfinger out after they kissed the wall.

GA_Boater

Final Cup practice top 5 - Keso, Harvick, Hamlin, Bowyer and Elliott.

Pole lock is 6:05 after X-Quals.

GA_Boater

If you picked Suarez for the pole, you got 5 bonus points. If you're like me - Nada!

The rest of the top 1o qualifiers are Almirola, Keso, Busch1, Harvick, Hemric, Bowyer, Truex, ADillon and The Whining Twerp.

X-Men coming up at 7:30.

GA_Boater

If you picked Suarez for the pole, you got 5 bonus points. If you're like me - Nada!

QUOTE]

Not exactly. This is an impound race, so the line up isn't official until inspection before the race.

GA_Boater

About 4 laps in and Avila hits the wall hard. I can't believe how long it took for the caution to wave. He was under power with the rt. front locked, rt. rear flat as a pancake and the back of the car was dragging on the track. The yellow didn't fly until he was almost to his pit. Doesn't seem right and they are flying around the track.

GA_Boater

Bell wins heat 1 and after 45 laps only 17 cars on the lead lap.

I have a feeling tomorrow will be another cookie cutter track race and boring as they usually are.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Think Custer has got this unless there is a caution. Bell's car is fast on the restart.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
If I were Daniel Suarez, I would be sweating quite a bit with Custer climbing all over everybody this season! Glad to see he got the pole today, but he needs to be driving his rear in off, or he might lose his ride next season.

GA_Boater

I lost power last night when a storm rolled through and checking this morning I see Custer won. Only 5 cars on the lead lap.

iFL Cup rosters lock at 7:40 EST.

GA_Boater

Inspection is finished with two failures. Newman drops from 23rd to start in 35th and Houff will start in 36th. So the lineup is official now and iFL rosters lock at 7:41 EST.

Watching the Formula E championship race on Fox right now. This is the E-Race I've watch and the racing is fast and furious, just like the movie. :D It's really good racing but the whining sound is a bit strange. They should have motor sounds. LOL

GA_Boater

Bud Clydesdales were part of the opening cermemonies' Only horseshoe marks - Whew! LOL

horsesh.png

GA_Boater

Clean of the clean up crew - A blower leaked fuel on turns 1 &2. :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Suarez leads 1st 5 lap - Half a second over 2nd place Almirola.