It’s always the wife selling the boat.

MC3387

Cadet
I’ve been boat hunting for about a month and just had an observation... I would say that 65% of the sellers I see appear to be female. Of course a woman can be single or whatever and trying to sell a boat on her own but it appears to me that they are the wife.
So my conclusion is that there are many wives(angry) out there selling the boat because they’re tired of the costs involved, or for other various reasons.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you could put a blank where the word boat is and insert any of the following:

car
truck
house
plane
motor cycle

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I have bought 4 boats on Craigs over the last 2-3 years never bought a boat from a woman.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
2 out of 3 boats I’ve bought off cl were from women selling them .
‘And had a different boat given to me by one ..

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have never bought a boat, car, truck, etc. From a woman....Now I have had a few women be the buyer on the above mentioned items.

aspeck

Staff member
My current boat I was dealing with the husband who was asking $7000 for a boat valued at $8400. I took it for a trial and made sure it would fit in the garage and came back and told him I was "really looking for a $5000 boat." That was not an offer, just what I was looking for. The wife was standing there and went ballistic on the husband ... "You just had to have this boat, and then it was too heavy and you just had to have the aluminum boat. We owe $5300 on this boat yet ... we ARE getting out of it what we owe on it." I tried to not show any excitement when I said I guessed I was able to pay $5300. Before I went there my wife and I agreed I could pay the asking price, but I was going to try for the low to mid $6K area.

Guess you could say I was happy the wife got involved when she did ... she saved me over $1000 at her expense.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Ha, great story...mine just made me buy her another boat...she likes em as much as I...when I told her wed buy but sell it in a couple years after some work for a profit things got dicey...I may have a permanent addition to the flotilla..

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I have never bought a vehicle from a woman. But I have given a woman a new car, an older boat and a Harley plus 6 digits in cash. That woman is my ex. It took me 35 years to get another boat, new truck to tow it and never rode again. The woman I have now has been my Lady for the last 26 years, and get this, went out and bought me the StarCraft Superfisherman 190 and a brand spankin new truck out of the showroom to tow it, is she a keeper or what? The deal is no more Harley. But now she wants 2 Vespa's. That would be cool.

What's up with the blue font? I pushed something I shouldn't have.