Lyme again and I am not happy

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I live near the deer tick epicenter in Minnesota. I take precautions when I get home I put on my treated jeans, and spray down every time I go outside. I have had Lymes in the past, and I suspect I do again it is July and I am cold, and everything is a huge effort to accomplish, feel exactly like I did when I had it before. I am pissed about this I have stuff to get done.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I thought you were going to move down here....

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Funny you say that I went down with my wife on June 20th I had to head home for work on the 26th, my wife is still down there. Our plans to move to Florida were altered when my Daughter told us that she is having a baby in November.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
flights from TPA to MKE are $40 one-way in winter (Frontier). pretty sure similar prices for MSP

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Scott I only fly Delta and I only sit in front, zero interest in cheap flights. Plus when traffic is bad in the Twin cities it takes me longer to drive from the airport to home than to fly from Tampa to MSP. I prefer to stay on the ranch where my grandkids can come an visit. I will get a winter place once the wife retires, she will hit 20 years in the next 5 years and pull the pin.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I cant justify spending $400-1100 for a ticket with Delta when a non-stop with Frontier is $39 one-way and $78 round trip if I am simply flying up for a weekend and all my luggage fits in my pocket If I fly Allegiant, I fly out of Punta Gorda to ATW

the TSA crowd is the same,

alldodge

Staff member
We've had a rash of lime in are area, and this is the first time I'm seeing ticks as small as a pin head, tiny little SOB. The wife even found a lone star tick the other day

alldodge

Staff member
Totally agree
I use to take bags of Diazinon granules and spread all over the yard, it would keep all kids of insects away, but can no longer get the stuff, but it was ok sort of. The bad thing was it killed the worms which then killed the birds.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'm so sorry that you had and might have Lyme Decease DeepCMark58A . There are plenty of ticks up north here in Ontario too. I haven't looked for a golf ball in tall grass or ventured into the bush for years. They make them 24/7. I'll take the penalty stroke after seeing what our next door neighbour goes through with Lyme Decease. She says it's like arthritis of the entire body.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I am lucky in that my body reacts to the bite with a bruise and a festering hole in the skin, I know when I get bit so it will be caught early.