2019 Nascar - Daytona - Race #18 Doubleheader

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No 4th of July holiday for Cup and X-Men. They're gonna spend the afternoon practicing when they should be grillin' dogs, brats and burgers. Plenty of red, white and blue paint schemes, too.

Don't be surprised if weather delays things, it's summertime in Florida and Saturday has increasing chances of PM storms.

This is gonna be a quickie for me cuz I'm grillin' dogs, brats and burger. And a few beers! :D From MRN, the Thursday - Saturday schedule;

Daytona Schedule of Events

All Times Eastern
Thursday, July 4
Xfinity Series First Practice: 1:05 p.m.-1:55 p.m. (NBCSN)
Monster Energy Cup Series First Practice: 2:05 p.m.-2:55 p.m. (MRN/NBCSN)
Xfinity Series Final Practice: 3:05 p.m.-3:55 p.m. (NBCSN)
Monster Energy Cup Series Final Practice: 4:05 p.m.-4:55 p.m. (MRN/NBCSN)
Friday, July 5
Xfinity Series Qualifying: 3:35 p.m. (NBCSN)
Monster Energy Cup Series Qualifying: 5:05 p.m. (MRN.NBCSN)
Radio Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (NBCSN)
Xfinity Series Circle K Firecracker 250: 7:30 p.m. (MRN/NBCSN)
Saturday, July 6
Radio Pre-Race: 6:30 p.m. (MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (NBC)
Monster Energy Cup Series Coke Zero Sugar 400: 7:30 p.m. (MRN/NBC)

News and Notes
  • How to paint a Cup car in 1 minute, 28 seconds - https://twitter.com/i/status/1146087208069357573 Axalta sponsored cars are painted and the other cars are wrapped. I guess they are a paint company. :rolleyes:
  • TV ratings - With the rain delay, the Chicago number was 1.4. Last year's on schedule race got a 1.6

iBoats Fantasy Live
  • FlaCowboy earned his 3rd :first: at Chicago. Congrats, FC.
  • justkiddin 5 is holding on to his overall lead over Cowboy.
  • iFL pole picks lock at 5:0 EST tomorrow.

Good luck, good roster pickin' and good eatin',

The Grillin'-Boater.

GA_Boater

The 1st X-practice went OK with The Dinger leading the way. Cup 1st Cup practice is under caution with lightning in the area and about 10 minutes left in the session.

GA_Boater

2nd X-Q'ing was canceled. Cup is on the track for the final practice.

Keso and Byron got together. Byron has some rt. rear damage the new paint is scratched up.

.@keselowski: "Trying to send a message. I'm not lifting."

GA_Boater

The Whining Twerp lead the first shortened practice. The 5 fastest in the 2nd practice are Truex, Hamlin, Jones, DiBenedetto and Tifft.

Barring weather, the pole picks lock at 5:00 EST tomorrow. Well, weather or not, it locks at 5pm

GA_Boater

Keselowski said he is tired of getting wrecked on plate tracks (obviously he was mad at Byron last year). Byron said it wasn’t like he went down four lanes. “no harm, no foul for us.”

Keselowski has pledged last year he wouldn’t lift when blocked. Today: “I’m trying to send a message. I’m not lifting.”

Some twitter traffic about Keso/Byron. Keso has been on my list at #2 right after TWT - Seems justified to me. :joyous:

GA_Boater

Lightning in the area has put everything on hold, including Cup pre-qualifying inspections.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You guys seem to forget, there is a reason they call him "Bad Brad" He for the most part the last couple of years is been pretty mellow, but he has a mean streak in him and carries a grudge for a long time. There was a time I thought it was either going to be him or Bush getting killed. It got so bad that Brad's father accused Bush of trying to kill his son as he was heading for the garage after a race, he was going to give Bush a whoppin....

GA_Boater

The X-race is about to start after rain delays. About 2 1/2 hours after the scheduled start.

GA_Boater

Chastain wins the 1st heat after a couple of cautions. One had cars mud bogging through the soggy grass.

GA_Boater

I missed seeing the 1st grass skating in the 1st heat. Just saw this one - Splitters work great to carve sod.

GA_Boater

Mayhem on the backstretch about mid-pack. At least 6 cars involved in a wreck.

Chastain took the just before the yellow flew.

GA_Boater

Another biggie on the backstretch, starting in front this time. Some need M+S tires cuz the mud under the grass sucks 'em in. 9 or more cars in this one.

Red flag for clean up with 13 to go and Haley leading.

GA_Boater

Nascar says 15 cars in the latest wreck. Some will never see the track again unless magicians work in the garages.

GA_Boater

Back to yellow for the final 11 laps.

And green with 10 laps to go.

GA_Boater

Chastain takes the lead with 7 left. He isn't in the clear.

GA_Boater

Chastain wins another race. He only needs a Cup win for the Hat Trick. Truck and X-Wins so far this year.

iFL roster cut-off is 7:35 tomorrow evening.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Looks like Dinger failed post race inspection and they DQ'd his car.

GA_Boater

Last night in the X-Race, Kaulig Racing swept the top three spots with Chastain, Haley and The Dinger. Then in post-race inspection, Chastain and Haley passed, but Allmemdinger failed because his motor didn't hold a vacuum. something about a seal around the tapered spacer. I don't know.

Anyway The Dinger's 3rd place finish was DQ'ed.

Make your roster changes by 7:35 EST before the race starts this evening.