Rainbow People...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I would have loved to attend Woodstock ..
Just long enough to hear Jimmy Hendrix then get out of there ...

Hendrix was an interesting performer, growing up in the NW, I had many occasions to watch him play when I was young, one of the best masters of the guitar licks to say the least.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The initial intent might have been fun however it has morphed into a free for all. Troy IF you feel gutsy and adventurous I would suggest you drive through the area and take a first hand look. Non-violent people but non-bathing and not law abiding either. If you take a drive through - post a report here.

Yes, I had heard of deceased being found however none here. We did have a woman go into labor on 4 occasions however, she was not pregnant - just fat and crazy as per rescue....... she was looking for pain killers.

Not feeling adventurous, Bob. I know a few kids who are in their early 20s who plan on going up. I'll get the skinny from their parents. Seeing a good presence from Fed and county law enforcement. I'll probably go up a day or 2 after they leave and check out the area.

I was in the forest just south of where they're camped. A detour around a lake that's flooding a main road. Lots of closed rds signs in the forest. So far nothing in the local news worth reporting on about the group. May change when the 4th gets closer...

southkogs

Staff member
I would have loved to attend Woodstock ...
I live too close to where Bonaroo is hosted each year, and have been there a couple of times. It's proven to me that I would have wanted to be nowhere close to Woodstock - or any of the others of 'em for that matter. I love listening to the music, and living close to Nashville, I'm grateful I do get to hear it live quite often. But the festival environment is a little nuts for me.

Rook66

Seaman
I would have loved to attend Woodstock ..
Just long enough to hear Jimmy Hendrix then get out of there ...

If you were there to hear Jimmy Hendrix you would have had to stay for the whole weekend because he closed the show out he was the last performance.

About 500,000 people were actually there but today there's at least 20 million people that say they attended. And they couldn't have paid me to attend.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Way back when, when we were following the Dead, went to a few gatherings. Sounds pretty much the same...lots of drugs, dirty people, and communicable STDs...we used to have clean up crews that stayed after and cleaned...sounds like they dont do that anymore. Good luck if they found your area, keep stuff locked up. Mostly good folks back in the day but the few bad seeds made up for it...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They boast about cleanup crews that stay an extra week. Sounds like it's all talk and no action. Saw a highway patrol guy around. We never see those guys around here.... Usually just county guys...

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
You can get a communicable STD from any Bar Fly, or Sweet little Thing

Hopefully there will be proper containers for Sharps available

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So far haven't heard much about the group. I'm sure it will amp up now thru the weekend. A guy ODed, some stealing, 3 naked women walking down the highway. 2 took off when a cop showed up. Deer and ankle biter flies are out in force. Can't imagine! Law enforcememnt everywhere.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They weren't nekkid, Musky. They were had on their Birthday Suits to celebrate the birth of our nation! :eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Good one! With all th he bugs around with the stanting water, I don't know how they can stand it in the woods. Lots of Mary Jane's probably help.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Self medication and heavy duty OFF w/DEET for the delicate areas.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Heavy on the Deet...... I was sprayed down, and dressed lol, and still got ate alive...

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Way back when, when we were following the Dead, went to a few gatherings. Sounds pretty much the same...lots of drugs, dirty people, and communicable STDs...we used to have clean up crews that stayed after and cleaned...sounds like they dont do that anymore. Good luck if they found your area, keep stuff locked up. Mostly good folks back in the day but the few bad seeds made up for it...

Interesting thread. I've been to a few "shows", our band played some of their songs 30+ yrs ago, and we were basically shunned - what not playing disco, pop, etc? We all went through jobs, kids, homes, etc and just started playing again. It's amazing the "kids" that come out for this music that existed before them. Generally, I find the people are good, but when there's large gatherings of people - you get all kinds. I am generally accepting, but keep your radar up!