Sis in law in induced coma

ezbtr

Commander
But being slowly uninduced, she (52!!!???) had a heart defect forever, beat cancer 28 ish yrs ago, BUT a rager of an alcoholic(was a nurse), lost heartbeat for 3-4 ish minutes, bro called EMS and they brought her back, no one knows outcome but IF she comes out of it, could be a veggie for "life" , crazy stuff, prayers needed.
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Sorry to hear, but everything I have is heading your way

southkogs

Staff member
That's hard to go through - both for the patient and the family. Will be praying for y'all.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Basically the same thing happened to Mom last August, several minutes without oxygen. They resuscitated her and put her on life support. Brain function test showed no activity after a few days. We had he removed from life support and she passed peacefully. That is my experience to help answer your question, we pray your sis has a better outcome.

ezbtr

Commander
They brought her out of it a few days ago, she's eating a bit and sat up,talked a bit, now PT, then PT at home soonish, we hope

southkogs

Staff member
That's good news! Wonderful. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Don't give up on her. My wife had a stroke a few years ago and she was totally paralyzed on her left side head to toe. But with physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy and lots of work, she is about 95 + percent recovered now. Amazing what they can do with the PT and such. So hang in there..

ezbtr

Commander
Thanks guys, I talk to my brother every few days, and her mom has a FB and cell phone group chat - the fear is , she gets back to semi normal and right back to the bottle , I drink (nothing close to that at 07-0800 first shot and every 2-4 hours), but that's some scary stuff

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'm so glad she made it through. I have known many that were addicts of alcohol, drugs, gambling or all 3 and had life altering experiences such as what happened to sis in law. A few continued with the addiction but a few came through it cured of the diseace. Actually my Uncle, Dads brother, drank and gambled from his early teens. He was going through the onset of dementia and had a breakdown. We was hospitalized and strapped to the bed for 3 weeks. He came out of it sober and without the urge to gamble. He is in a continuous care ward due to the dimentia and hasn't had the urge to drink a drop or wager a dime on a single game for the last 13 years. So she has a chance to get sober, hopefully. More prayers coming.