Well Tiger Woods just did it!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It took him 14 years to win at Augusta again.

His back isn't hurting today.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yeah I watched some of that while waiting for an MRI at the hospital today ..
Looks like he’s got his groove back ...

MRS

Commander
Tigers golf is amazing like him or not his talent is wow. I did win 6 bucks today at the golf coarse. Little less than Tiger won today:laugh:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yeah I watched some of that while waiting for an MRI at the hospital today ..
Looks like he’s got his groove back ...

Looks like he was back in his pocket today, I was hoping he would do it, when I was still younger he spent a lot of time in Portland and I would get to watch him and Peter Jacobsen when they played rounds together at one of the big clubs close to a store I worked in.

I can say the last few holes were more exciting than the Richmond race last night, which I fell asleep during it.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I watched the last 5 or 6 holes. Hope all is OK Sam.

I’m ok but the back and legs have not been up to par .. ok pun intended maybe :rolleyes: ....
I guess a nerve is getting pinched from some swollen disks or something..
we’ll see what the doctor says....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Get well, this getting older throws a few curves at us, but we can hit them out of the park!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
That was a fun Masters to watch and I’m glad Tiger got another major. He had the swagger back the last several holes.

sam60

Captain
It was fun to watch Tiger move up and take the win. Life is about overcoming problems, self inflicted or not. I had my oldest Grandson pull my clubs out of my shed and I put them on a local garage sale site last week. If they were free, there would be a fight over them outside of my gate. $50 and no interest.

harringtondav

Commander
I remember when Tiger was a young sprat at the 1997 National, kicking butts. Fuzzy Zeoller made his infamous 'fried chicken, collard greens' snark. Glad to see Tiger gets another vindicating win.

harringtondav

Commander
I’m ok but the back and legs have not been up to par .. ok pun intended maybe :rolleyes: ....

FYI Sam. My S1-L5 osteoarthritis had me in a roller walker for half the morning, with pain that nearly made me mess myself. My pain management Doc performed a Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) outpatient procedure that zapped the pain nerves. At best I was half a man before. Now I'm 80-90% whole. 90-100% if out of bed wasn't still a chore.

Good chance your predicament can be fixed with minor surgery. I hope so.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Wow Sam, I seriously hope you get better and soon. Like I tell my family and friends, I just bought 100 surgical stainless steel #11 blades for my Exacto Knife. So if you need any cutting, let me know. I can easily beat the typical surgery cost for sure. But don't tell everybody. :yo:

Oh, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night either. But I do have the internet, so no worries...

82rude

Rear Admiral
FYI Sam. My S1-L5 osteoarthritis had me in a roller walker for half the morning, with pain that nearly made me mess myself. My pain management Doc performed a Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) outpatient procedure that zapped the pain nerves. At best I was half a man before. Now I'm 80-90% whole. 90-100% if out of bed wasn't still a chore.

Good chance your predicament can be fixed with minor surgery. I hope so.

Im basically in the same predicament.Though still very new disc replacement is now being done .Today is the first day in 2 months ive been able to move without blinding pain.Other than opioids which ive been on for 25 years ive been given Cymbalta which seems to be calming the nerves..Ive been dealing with osteoarthritis for 30 years,first it destroyed my knees and now my lower back (l4-5) and is now in my hips .

Last edited:

harringtondav

Commander
Im basically in the same predicament.Though still very new disc replacement is now being done .Today is the first day in 2 months ive been able to move without blinding pain.Other than opioids which ive been on for 25 years ive been given Cymbalta which seems to be calming the nerves..Ive been dealing with osteoarthritis for 30 years,first it destroyed my knees and now my lower back (l4-5) and is now in my hips .

Infinite sympathies from me 82rude I can relate to blinding. I tore out an abdominal hernia fix from reacting to the pain. I expect to get by with another RFA or two, Joint replacement seems to work, For me it will be the deep fillet with rods and clamps on my lower 5-8 vertebrae. I'm front loading the big projects before that happens.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I hope, everybody gets feeling better, like I said, getting older is hard work..

foodfisher

Captain
Anyone try hydrolyzed collagen supplements? Worked wonders on my joint pains. (fingers, knees and shoulder)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yeah this getting older thing isn’t much fun . Unless your Tiger Woods ! Notice all the Nike apparel him and his son was wearing .. Time to make more cake !