NFL - Off- Season Debates/News/Banter

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's getting crazy. $65 mil just for a signing bonus? Nuts...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Poor NFL owners and other pro sports team owners must be eating Ramen noodles for dinner to afford these ridiculous contracts. :rolleyes:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I know he’s a very good QB but is he really worth that much ?
I guess he is to the Seahawks... :twitch:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I know he’s a very good QB but is he really worth that much ?
I guess he is to the Seahawks... :twitch:

I guess we know now how much an owner will pay for a world title. I don't know why contracts are signed only to be thrown out and renegotiated before it's end. I wish us lowly working people could do that. To me a deal is a deal.

aspeck

Staff member
I guess we know now how much an owner will pay for a world title. I don't know why contracts are signed only to be thrown out and renegotiated before it's end. I wish us lowly working people could do that. To me a deal is a deal.

In defense of this contract, they did not throw out the existing contract, as I understand. He will play this year under the last year of his old contract. The new contract goes into effect after this season is over.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
In defense of this contract, they did not throw out the existing contract, as I understand. He will play this year under the last year of his old contract. The new contract goes into effect after this season is over.

That's fair.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
What happens heaven forbid he gets hurt this next season ?
I guess the signing bonus is guaranteed money ....

aspeck

Staff member
And Rothlisberger signs a contract extension to play through the 2021 season.

aspeck

Staff member
I had to chuckle when I saw that Antonio Brown's cousin, wide receiver for Oklahoma U. said he would love to play for Pittsburgh and have Big Ben throw him the ball! My guess is the Steeler organization would not want to take the risk of an AB relative, but then again ... hmmmm

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So, 3 more seasons with Ben, at least.... You have my condolences....;)

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Press conference at 3 today regarding the Tyreek Hill situation. Don't have a great feeling about this.

southkogs

Staff member
Draft is down here in Nashville starting tomorrow ... City is already filling up!

I'm somewhere between "THANK YOU ALL FOR VISITING AND SPENDING MONEY IN NASHVILLE," and "OK ... GO HOME." ;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yes looking forward to seeing what bust we pick this year ...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Press conference at 3 today regarding the Tyreek Hill situation. Don't have a great feeling about this.

No criminal charges. But Godell has yet to drop the other shoe. Os is that cleat?

aspeck

Staff member
Gotta pull out the movie, Draft Day and watch it today ... it's a tradition! LOL!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Draft is down here in Nashville starting tomorrow ... City is already filling up!

I'm somewhere between "THANK YOU ALL FOR VISITING AND SPENDING MONEY IN NASHVILLE," and "OK ... GO HOME." ;)

Good lord ! Is the Pope coming or something ?
The crowd outside looks ridiculous! :lol: