NFL - Off- Season Debates/News/Banter

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Well, the crazy off-season continues. A non-football things is the Phillies extended a 13 year $330 Million deal to Bryce Harper. He is not tweeting Leveon Bell to come to Philly and join him ... Like L'eveon can pick where he wants to go ...

Oh yea, how about 420 some odd bucks to some guy I don't know the name of for a 12 year contract for playing baseball, baseball for Heavens sakes, baseball. Over 420 MILLION Simoleans. Come on man!!!! It's getting obscene. And I think 17.5 million a year is too much for any NFL ball player. And Baseball players can still play with their grand babies when they are 55. I only played semi pro football for 100 bucks a game and could not cut the grass or carry groceries in at 55 . If we flew to a game on a war era DC-3 we paid 50 bucks each and took our lives in the hands of a Bush pilot. 420 million!!!!

The Bills sign Frank Gore to a 1 year. McCoy and Gore sharing snaps. Each will have their own handicap parking spot at New Era Field. We'll see how that works. McCoy must have had something to say about the signing. They are very, very close friends that work out together all winter. Gore is his mentor. Could be a great move, might be a bust.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Not sure if this is a done deal or not, they look like a.rena football logos.... Not sure changes are needed. Took a play outta NASCARs playbook? You decide...

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/Grading-Each-NFL-Teams-Redesigned-Logo-119937747/#119937747_11

There were no worse jerseys than in the movie "Any Given Sunday." Maybe 20 years ago. They are still ridiculous today. AAF uniforms aren't too bad. Call me old fashion but I still like the Browns uniforms.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Let's not forget about football. Gronk is retiring...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't think Gronk is retiring - I think he is retired. Semantics. LOL

Will Brady hang it up?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Brady? Naw..... He's trying to make it until he hits 45...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Now is that family friendly????? Lol Just saw it on the Today Show......

GA_Boater

If it was on the Today show....................................

Don't know how that's gonna fix his shoulder and the rest of his game. :confused:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Some interesting moves this year. Just saw the presser with Beckham and Landry. They planned to play on the same NFL team since they were little kids. I hope the Browns do well, I liked listening to their new coach, I like him.

aspeck

Staff member
The AAF averaged between 400,000 - 500,000 viewers per game. I watched the ones I could get, but after the first 2 weeks, they were never on any networks in my cable package. The games were fun to watch, but it took a while to get used to the no kicking rules. The guy from the Hurricanes that came in with the money mid season was the one that shut them down. Seemed kind of "backhanded" in the move he made with the league.

aspeck

Staff member
Well, the Chiefs started it off by signing ex AAFer Cornerback Keith Reaser. The Browns signed QB Garrett Gilbert and the Panthers signed WR Rashad Ross. Will any more ex AAFers pick up NFL contracts?

GA_Boater

Johnny Football signed with the AAF and was assigned to Memphis. This may be his shortest contract. He signed on March 17 and closed it's doors on Tuesday. 16 days!

Will an NFL team take a chance?