NFL - Off- Season Debates/News/Banter

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Bell just wanted to stick it to the Steelers which mostly backfired with Conner...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Are the Steelers officially in a rebuilding year? I've always liked Big Ben, but I think it's time to go join AARP.

aspeck

Staff member
I like Big Ben also, but he has always been a bit of a prima dona himself ... taking larger groups to restaurants/bars and then not paying the bill because "He has brought them so much business and advertising just by being there that he shouldn't have to pay ..." He is a great player, but it is about time for him to hang up his cleats. Pittsburgh's search for a starting QB is paramount to their success in the future ... and their line is getting old ... they need to rebuild ...

GA_Boater

The Sporting News has an article up about AB's first presser with the Raiders. Showed up 25 minutes late. Way to go, Antonio! http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...ry-press-conference/eym5qbxbco8a1dajp1ek3i5vw

The Steelers must have really wanted to dump AB per this line in the story - "Oakland received Brown in exchange for third- and fifth-round picks from the Steelers.​" The Steelers gave up 2 draft picks? Do writers read what they write and do editors edit? Apparently not.

aspeck

Staff member
Raiders Sign WR Tyrell Williams to a 4-year $44M deal($22M guaranteed) (This can't make AB happy that the #2 gets almost as much as the #1)

Seahawks Sign Kicker Jason Myers to a 4-year deal and Re-Sign LB Mychal Kendricks to a 1-year deal

Jaguars Re-Sign OG AJ Cann 3-year $15M deal and release QB Blake Bortles

Panthers Re-Sign OT Daryl Williams to a 1-year deal

Bears Sign OT Ted Larson to a 1-year deal

Browns Re-Sign LB Ray Ray Armstrong to a 1-year deal, sign TE Demetrius Harris to a 2-year deal, and sign LB Adarius Taylor to a 2-year deal

Teddy Bridgewater is not committed to re-signing with the Saints and has a visit with the Dolphins. Does not mean Saints are out but this will come down to whether he wants to learn from a legend and eventually take over for him or start now

Lamar Jackson apologizes for social media post of him driving 105mph

Broncos officially sign Flacco, Ravens get a 4th round pick.

Steeler's resign WR Eli Rogers

Steelers sign Donte Moncrief to a 2 year deal.

LJ Fort becomes an Eagle with a 3 year $10M deal ($1.9M guaranteed)

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Dolphins say goodbye to Tannehill and ship him off to the Titans ...

GA_Boater

It's a good thing jerseys have a name across the shoulders!

GA_Boater

Looks like it was just a matter of time before he fell off the wagon.

GA_Boater

Most of those were just hideous..

Aw - Yer holdin' back. :lol:

Why don't they use emojis. Kill 2 birds and most of the bird logos deserve to be killed.

I'm a Steelers fan, here is my Brown's suggestion - đź’©