New US tax code is friendly to our household.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harringtondav

Commander
I hope this post passes the Mods sniff test. It's not intended to be political.

I just wrapped up this year's individual Turbotax. We are paying a lower tax rate by 2.5%. I've had smoke coming out my ears listing to the wailing and whining about smaller, or negative refunds this year. I've told people on FB to calculate their tax rate this year vs. 2017. Simple. Tax/Taxable income. Most individual/joint filers are in the money.

I've never had the guts to be a businessman. So I don't know how it's going to shake out for you guys.

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
..... I've had smoke coming out my ears listing to the wailing and whining about smaller, or negative refunds this year...

Me too! I can't believe the news coverage it got. Something like the average refund went down from $2000 to $1800?

My goal is to get zero or small negative refund, why would anyone want to over withhold (pay) taxes all year? :noidea:

fishrdan

Admiral
Last year I paid $500, this year I was refunded a couple hundred. I'm not complaining.....

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I've had smoke coming out my ears listing to the wailing and whining about smaller, or negative refunds this year.

I don’t know what bothers me more these days, people’s ignorance, gullibility or both.

I’m doing my taxes last minute this year. Adjusted my deductions last year, but I’ve lost a dependent and I’m not sure how last years education deducts will work out

Status
Not open for further replies.