New to me book

aspeck

Staff member
My wife got me a book she thought I might like today. It is a lie! I told her I couldn’t open it to even look at anything it said ... the title is, “When Duct Tape Isn’t Enough.” I informed my wife that duct tape is ALWAYS enough!

aspeck

Staff member
It is a very small book ... but full of lies! There are some things that you want to move, so instead of duct tape you need WD-40 or PB Blaster, and some things just need a hammer to finish them off once and for all ... but WE ALL KNOW it is duct tape for almost EVERYTHING!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It is a very small book ... but full of lies! There are some things that you want to move, so instead of duct tape you need WD-40 or PB Blaster, and some things just need a hammer to finish them off once and for all ... but WE ALL KNOW it is duct tape for almost EVERYTHING!

And that FlexSeal guy is an anarchist, blasphemer and in collusion with all the other guys saying their tape is better than duct tape.

I mean have you ever seen a wedding dress made with Flex Tape, T-Rex tape or Gorilla tape? Of course not, because duct tape is good for all occasions as Red Green has shown time and time again!

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I know my kids musta been watching and listening somewhat - I'm on the second (multi-colored) duct-tape wallet the girls made me - and they all seem to have grasped the idea that - "if you can't fix it with duct tape and geotextile, it can't be fixed"

GA_Boater

Even glow in the dark duct tape making finding that wallet easier for early risers in the morning. A tool for all reasons................er, seasons!

southkogs

Staff member
The rest of the title is "... you may use bailing wire, too." ... right? That's not just a regional thing, is it?

aspeck

Staff member
Sacrilege I say!

Attachments

• photo308246.jpg
    photo308246.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • photo308247.jpg
    photo308247.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
When I ask my wife about Duct Tape all she says if HMMMMmmmmmmmmmm and nods :)

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
And that FlexSeal guy is an anarchist, blasphemer and in collusion with all the other guys saying their tape is better than duct tape.

I mean have you ever seen a wedding dress made with Flex Tape, T-Rex tape or Gorilla tape? Of course not, because duct tape is good for all occasions as Red Green has shown time and time again!

Red Green was a good mention. And for those who don't know who this guy is, just check him out on the web. Funny stuff!

GA_Boater

The wife must have found a duct tape recipe book cuz once she asked me to preheat the oven and get the duct tape. :eek:

I don't remember the meal, but it had to be real stick to your ribs food. And delicious! :D

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Even glow in the dark duct tape making finding that wallet easier for early risers in the morning. A tool for all reasons................er, seasons!

great idea, I'll have to pass it on to the builders...

dwco5051

Commander
Red Green was a good mention. And for those who don't know who this guy is, just check him out on the web. Funny stuff!

I waste a lot of time in my den late at night watching old Red Green reruns. I tried to get my current wife to watch an episode some years ago and after about 10 minutes she said she does not have to watch it, she lives with it. Having had three wives and several girl friends in between I yet to find one that liked Red Green or Monty Python.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I say skip the duct (duck) tape and use Gorilla glue. And if you do get some on your hands, it will wear off in a few weeks.... :facepalm: