Any Miami Vice Fans Here?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I liked the show, but no way would I pay that much money for that old of boat, there were quite a few of them made back in the 80's, they were one of the ultimate power icons of the drug dealers.

aspeck

Staff member
You get a free Daytona with the boat ... it’s a twofer!

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
What I always liked about that show was the fact that many of the stories didn't end well. The good guys didn't always win or "get their man". It seemed more realistic in that respect. I don't know of any other show that stood on that basis.
Plus the cool cars and boats of course!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You only need one customer I guess.-----It is amazing that uber rich folks will pay many millions of dollars for art works that can only be hung on a wall..------It is all about marketing / promotion in that field.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
For 20 million they could put up some actual photos of the boat as it is today. In reading the specifics it mentions: mainly fresh water?? I don't think there are any fresh water lakes in Miami.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You get a free Daytona with the boat ... it’s a twofer!

The Ferrari Daytona is a fake! That's fitting for a $20M boat with a free car. LOL

For 20 million they could put up some actual photos of the boat as it is today. In reading the specifics it mentions: mainly fresh water?? I don't think there are any fresh water lakes in Miami.

I have it on good authority that Biscayne Bay is fresh water. :rolleyes:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
The Ferrari Daytona is a fake! That's fitting for a $20M boat with a free car. LOL

Goes to show you what I don't know about Miami. lol

fishrdan

Admiral
$20,000,000.00 - for a 1984 boat? Probably has rotten stringer and transom, and I bet the bellows and manifolds need to be replaced. Sounds like a money pit... :D

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I saw an example of a Wellcraft Sport ----=---Now the brochure says " world class boats " but I know that transom and stringers look like " beaver puke ' after 15 years of use.----A shame that plywood is used in these things !!!

Tnstratofam

Commander
To bad it's a lot out of our price range. The Admiral and I were Teens when this show hit the air waves back in the 80's. I'm sure if I look hard enough I could dig up some appropriate attire and some cool Ray Bands to complete the Sonny Crockett look and my wife certainly knows how to tease her hair like an 80's princess so we could look the part.:semi-twins:

IMG_0193.JPG

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Now offer me the Bren 10 for a bargain and I might consider it. ;)

southkogs

Staff member
The car is kind of a funny add on. I think they were replicas that were built for the show, and according to the add this one was never used. A Daytona can fetch up to a half mil, but a replica with no real claim to fame is just a little hunk of that 20MIL price tag. :eek:

aspeck

Staff member
I wonder if they would accept my offer of $1500 since they can't show the actual pictures of the boat or car?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
'speck - Still about $1501 too high for a vaporware ad. :D

roffey

Commander

I do believe that Ferrari give them a car on the condition they blew up the Daytona.. on air, lol. I think it was a corvette all dressed up to look exotic.