2019 Nascar - Daytona, Race #1

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Micheal Annett wins X-Daytona. His first X-Race win. Most surprising no driver went nuts in the closing laps. Only 2 cautions for Keso's roof hatch and the spin by Black. The cup race can't be as lucky! LOL

Finish your iFL rosters by 2:35 tomorrow.

GA_Boater

Closing in on the start of The Great American Race at 2:35. It will only be great if the Cup drivers pretend they are in Trucks like Friday night and not like the snoozer X-Race last night. So far the Truck race is right up with SB LIII as the most boring sporting event of 2019. LOL

All Cup cars make it through pre-race inspection and Kyle Larson is moved to the back from 26th for a transmission change. McMurray for a gear change and Mears for a transmission change are moved to the back as well.

AJ Foyt put things in perspective when he told Jenna Fryer;

"Hell, it's nice to be back instead of at the funeral home." Says he's been very ill the last two years.

On a sad note - Artist Sam Bass passed away yesterday. He designed paint schemes for numerous cars and designed Jeff Gordon's Rainbow Warrior schemes. One of his final works is the #24 scheme on William Byron's car today.

GA_Boater

Speaking at the driver's meeting minutes ago, Nascar's CEO Jim France said;

"I hope some of you drivers get down on the bottom with Denny and Chase and make a show today."

Is he saying the Nascar brand can't afford the loss of more fans and sponsors?

FlaCowboy

Ensign
I believe we will see more passes for the lead during pit stops than on the track. At the end of the stages the front runners will stay on track for the points but the guys in the back will come down pit road before the pits close and therefore be leading when they go back to green.

Hard to run the inside when the train is passing on the outside.

Most ALL of these cars running today will go to the scrap yard after the race...even the ones without a scratch on them( if that can happen ).

You folks are in luck today...I did not fire up my grill so no bones or sauce will be used today...However...I do have 5 bonus points to start with...:joyous:

Good Luck Everyone...lets have fun today...!!!

GA_Boater

All the car bodies will be scrapped after today. Along with plates, these steel bodies won't used after today. Starting next week at Atlanta,only the composite bodies will be allowed. Plastic cars only from now on. So in the name of cost saving, they will junk cars. Makes perfect sense to me! :confused:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
So in the name of cost saving, they will junk cars. Makes perfect sense to me! :confused:

They will not sell the bodies as is because the teams do not want the other teams to buy their cars to see where the bodies might be "massaged" therefore all will go the the scrap yard.

GA_Boater

This as bad as the lead up to the Super Bowl. Go racin' already!

Finally started motors and cars are rolling.

GA_Boater

Green flag for 60 (or less) laps for the 1st heat. Good luck!

GA_Boater

1st yellow for Corey LaJoie. On the green flag stop he locked tires for about 5 stalls and they didn't change tires. Then the blew a tire - Wonder why? :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Only 5 pit road penalties - Speeding, too early and uncontrolled tire.

GA_Boater

3 cars get together for yellow #2. McMurray, Wallace and Busch1.

10 laps left in the heat.

GA_Boater

I know one thing - No way I'll be giving congrats to an iFL winner until Tuesday. iFL is showing 5 cars in the 36th position and Byron is showing no laps lead. It's messed up!

GA_Boater

Yellow for Mears being hit by Klingerman. This going to mess things up. The leader's pit stop strategy is going to come into play with 13 laps to go in the 2nd heat.

GA_Boater

Blaney wins heat 2. 80 laps left to make junk. They started to get antsy at the end of this heat, but kept it together.

GA_Boater

Wreck as cars come in to pit.

Johnson, Stenhouse, Newman and others involved. On the replay two rookies flew in and locked 'em up, then took out cars in front.

GA_Boater

pione.PNG
LOL

Johnson will have some trouble. If they can patch the left rear, his fuel filler is dangling and will be hard to refuel.