Bought Myself A New Watch

RGrew176

Commander
Last Thursday as I was walking the local mall I passed by Motif Jewelry. I decided to look at the Citizen watches. This model caught my eye. The fact that only 5000 will be sold worldwide caught my attention.

I wasn't sure that I wanted to spend that much on a new watch plus my current one still works like a charm. I left the store but on my way back past I went back inside. I took another look at the watch and decided I wanted it. I put down a deposit and I put the watch in lay-away so it's not on my wrist yet. I do plan to wear it. Each watch is individually numbered. I wonder if that will make it appreciate in value over time.

With 80000000+ people in the world and only 5000 of us will own this watch. To break it down 0.00625% of us will own this watch. Kind of puts one in an elite category. The old watch is stainless steel and the new one is titanium. It's so light it feels like there is nothing there. Wasn't planning to get a new watch but I'm glad I did.

Attachments

• photo307459.jpg
    photo307459.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
You know why they still had one to sell you don't you? Because the new generation doesn't have a clue how to read one or press a button to use their apps... :laugh:

harringtondav

Commander
Having been retired for over seven years from doing anything useful I have one question. Whats a watch?

I'm retired over nine yrs. now. I have a hard time knowing which day of the week it is. They all seem like Saturday.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
I have 3 different Citizens Eco Drive watches. They are awesome watches. They look great and keep perfect time. And with the eco drive you never have to wind them or replace a battery since they have no battery.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Your post reminded me that I have my great grandfather's pocket watch stashed in my dresser drawer.

Dug out of the drawer last night. Asked it 10-15 times what time it was....no answer....

Must be broke....put it back in the drawer.

harringtondav

Commander
I stick with the Walmart $15 Casios. I tear one per year off my wrist while I'm rutting around one engine or another. Besides, as I'm sitting in the kitchen now, I see five clocks, including the one on this laptop. :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Your post reminded me that I have my great grandfather's pocket watch stashed in my dresser drawer.

Dug out of the drawer last night. Asked it 10-15 times what time it was....no answer....

Must be broke....put it back in the drawer.

You didn't say Siri, Alexa or Google. If it was newer with facial recognition, it would see you looking and tell you the time without asking. Maybe a million dollar app idea? :rolleyes:

82rude

Rear Admiral
How much was it?I bought a beautiful Invicta Pro Diver last year.My left arm is a 22 inch python now,lol.
29769464208_6fc93b09d6_z.jpg

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Does not look like the watch that Rafael Nadal wears.-------A Richard Milly at near $ 1,000,000 each.

aspeck

Staff member
I break watches .... every nicer watch I wear breaks. About 15 years ago a Timex Ironman watch got left at Camp and the owner was never found. I wore that watch for almost 10 years. It needed a battery, the watch Band was nasty, I broke down and paid $19.95 for another Timex Ironman. I am still wearing that one, and have not replaced the battery or anything.

64osby

Admiral
We picked up a Citizen Eco Aviator style watch for our son as a H.S. graduation gift. He loves that watch.

I also have an Eco, I am very hard on watches, only wear it when dressing up for a night on the town. That means I never wear it.:lol:

fishrdan

Admiral
Sweet looking watch! I could never own something like that as I'm too hard on watches.

Don't take it fishing... Last watch I took fishing, I was hooked up on a nice striper, fighting it back to to the boat and the watch kept getting in the way, so I unclipped the band and lightly tossed it into the dash, missed the dash and it went sailing into the water. :eek: It was a waterproof Timex IronMan, and probably still waking up the fish at 6:15am :D