....Think I'd have learned by now.

harringtondav

Commander
We Iowegans mostly shrug it off. Some have to re-learn with the first snow fall. The body shops are generally packed afterword. I keep a spare 30 pack of Busch Light on the shelf. With that and gas for the generator, I consider us well stocked.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
I helped my mother-in-law purchase a new snowblower. She wanted a real beast to send that snow back to where it came from!
I ordered her a Cub Cadet 34" three stage, 420cc(about 13 HP), 14" auger/impeller, trigger controlled power steering, hydrostatic transmission, and heated grips.
This thing IS a beast. She paid $2,500 with free shipping.

foodfisher

Captain
If your not use to winter weather it can be deadly.Can you imagine America waking up tomorrow to southern FLA AND CALI being buried in a couple of feet of snow and -40f!The death toll would be astronomical.

Just thinking about it causes me to breakout the "Ole #7" antifreeze

Mechmagcn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Like I told a salesman at Home Depot when he was trying to sell me a snowblower while I was on a rare visit to the northeast, "if it snows enough where I live in South Arkansas for me to need a snowblower, this southern boy is headed farther south!" I have to give it to you folks who live in the frozen climates, I couldn't do it.

64osby

Admiral
Things only break when you use them. That is usually at the worst time.:rolleyes:

My old Bolens mower used to shred belts. Finally went to one of the local industrial supply houses and found I could get a custom made Kevlar belt for about 25% above list OEM. Bought two and still have one after 5 years. It is a 161" belt IIRC

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I calculated my snowblower was costing me $100.00 a year to run and maintain, and I had to run it. Sold it for a few hundred bucks and now pay the kid down the road to clear it all with his little tractor for 25 bucks a shot. I watch from the warm kitchen.