Happy National Beer Can appreciation day

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks! I will definitely do items 1 and 3, maybe 2. Plus, cans are easier to deal with where we have (no comment here) container deposit

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And 5 minutes later the first can was tossed in a ditch. :D

When was the Church Key invented to tap into the captured nectar?

harringtondav

Commander
I celebrate six times/day on the upper deck of our river place. But I pause for a moment of silence each time I see one floating down the slough.

sam60

Captain
I have some old ones. My Maternal Grandpa (died before I was born) built a false wall in basement and hid cans from my Grandma. My Dad tore the wall down years later. I have what he didn't sell in a garage cabinet. More stuff that I need to get rid of. Happy Beer can day!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I prefer mine in a glass bottle ... Not that I would turn down a cold one in a can if offered ..:D
When is NBBD ?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I can still remember that nasty, metallic taste of my first canned beer.

Dont remember the last time I bought beer in cans although there is a case of cans in the garage my daughter brought home from a party for target practice with her BB gun..

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
September 28 is National Beer lover day

May 25th is national wine day

sam60

Captain
Survey says the 31st of January year of 2019 is the day you post a picture of a beer bottle. Why not?

bigdee

Commander
Cans were fine until pull tops came along and frustrated the metal detecting hobbyists.