What is your winter weather like?

southkogs

Staff member
Dry enough ... and warm enough to ... wait for it ... mow the lawn! We didn't have much of a winter at all here, and with all the rain the weeds have gone nuts on the lawn. Mowed it all down yesterday to something manageable.

The Force power

Commander
Georgian-Bay & Lake Huron still have the Ice-bergs floating in them, we're still hovering around 30 degrees F.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
March, they say in like a Lion out like a Lamb. I( don't think so. March 1st we had a Blizzard here from Niagara Falls to the west and of Lake Erie. We had to take a bag of ROXUL insulation and pack the west facing door with it to keep the snow outside and not in the family room. Winds pegged at 140 KPH, that around 87 MPH. March 31st we woke to 3" of granular snow, it's like small shards of white glass. It sticks to everything and is heavy stuff. It sure looks purdy as it sticks to all the trees. It's dangerous too. I drove into town yesterday and as I going down the road a huge mass of it came down on the car as I'm doing 60MPH, I came right down the wind screen and for a few seconds I was blind. Not a good thing doing 100KPH. So in like a Lion and out like a Lion. Everything is still covered in it here on Lake Erie shoreline, everywhere else it has melted. Always colder by the lake. Man I miss Cuba.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Georgian-Bay & Lake Huron still have the Ice-bergs floating in them, we're still hovering around 30 degrees F.

The ice has all gone here on Lake Erie and the Grand River, about time. But like I said we are covered in the white stuff. I thought Spring was a week or so ago, A few years back ice out wasn't until May, with my luck I though an ice berg was going to wash up on shore in June. I wish Mother Nature had a calendar.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
My Cousins Husband worked in Cuba for about 20 yrs. My friends Daughter was there a couple of years ago for 3 weeks. Beautiful Country

aspeck

Staff member
Currently 90-100*F during the day and 80's at night. Lot's of sun ... I am melting. What happened to my snow?

The Force power

Commander
My Cousins Husband worked in Cuba for about 20 yrs. My friends Daughter was there a couple of years ago for 3 weeks. Beautiful Country

It is a Beautiful Country with the friendliest people living in. (aside from the Russian tourist)

Old Ironmaker

Captain

I hope he wasn't in construction. Last winter we spend 10 days in Varadero. There were 5 guys building a small stage on the beach for bands. It became daily entertainment watching them work themselves to death. In those 10 days they got 4 posts in the ground and at least 10 2X6's across the platform. That's it. If they were there more than 2 hours a day was abnormal. The posts were driven into the sand a few feet, maybe. If you leaned on it that stage would topple over. I don't think building codes are a thing in Cuba. It makes me wonder about the building we stayed in.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
He was a Control Technician, with a Chemical Company. There is shoddy construction in North America, too