What is your winter weather like?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Stinks, not near enough snow...

I am up at my Tahoe house. Getting a couple feet in the next 2 days. Maybe 3 feet between Thursday and Friday.

I am glad I can drive home whenever I want and don't have to live in the stuff.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I am up at my Tahoe house. Getting a couple feet in the next 2 days. Maybe 3 feet between Thursday and Friday.

I am glad I can drive home whenever I want and don't have to live in the stuff.

I only have about 6" in my yard which is crazy low this time of year

oldrem

Commander
I only have about 6" in my yard which is crazy low this time of year

We got a light dusting Saturday afternoon, but other than that there is nothing on the ground here. Non of the lakes around here are safe for ice fishing, and I hear that's true for much of the state this year.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
waubeessee lake is frozen over, I was out there yesterday after this chilly week augering some holes to see how thick it is. got about 300 feet from shore in front of my house and it had 3-4 inches. Only thing is there is no public access at the moment. The boat launch is in a channel and overflow from long lake is preventing ice from forming. Open water at the launch. Residents were out all weekend ice fishing.

wahlejim

If you want access, shoot me a message and you can use my property to get on the ice.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Here in NY State, much the same as others in NE US and Canada have reported. It's cold now, it'll change again. Ice fishing in some areas observed this weekend (central NY). I wish we had more snow here in western NY, so I'll go up to Adirondacks asap to get into it better, got it up at the camp - and can ride across the lake, etc.

aspeck

Staff member
Long range forecast for this area is the next 60 days will have colder temps than normal and more snow than normal. Only got a couple inches over the weekend ... there is a possibility of 16 inches coming this next weekend ... time will tell. But it has finally gotten cold again.

southkogs

Staff member
We've taken a break for the moment ... in the 50s. Rain will be back on Thursday. Starting to worry I'm gonna' wake up to see animals walking in twos toward the boat.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We've taken a break for the moment ... in the 50s. Rain will be back on Thursday. Starting to worry I'm gonna' wake up to see animals walking in twos toward the boat.

Just make sure you're on thst boat....

RGrew176

Commander
January 14th and zero January snow where I live just south of Detroit. Had 1/10th of an inch in December following 6" in November. Not much snow yet this season here.

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
Just for something different
temp in parts of South Australia are forecast to hit 49 degs Celsius today, probably about now,
in the " old money" that equates to 120 degs F

fortunately l don't live there,

obviously it ain't winter...

resume normal programming

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
We got a light dusting Saturday afternoon, but other than that there is nothing on the ground here. Non of the lakes around here are safe for ice fishing, and I hear that's true for much of the state this year.

drive to door county, 9 inches of ice on the lake saturday (clark lake). perch were not biting, however northern were.

they were a bit on the smaller side, so we released all of them.

without snow, the ice is slick, slipped and smacked my head good.

wahlejim

Yep, the ice we have right now is like a sheet of glass. At night, with the lights reflecting off of it, you would think it was open water.

Mechmagcn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah, winter in south Arkansas has been warmer and wet this year. This time last year I was breaking 1.5- 2" of ice with a Jon boat going to work.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Here in Illinois it gets weirder and weirder. A week and a half ago it was 60 degrees. Then last weekend we got 15" of snow (more than we sometimes get in an entire winter in this part of Illinois), and now we're looking at repeat snowstorms this Friday and maybe next Monday or Tuesday. Crazy.

sam60

Captain
About 55 F for the high and 29-35 for lows. Sprinkles down here in the valley and heavy snow up high. No mudslides.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Send that snow to nothern WI! It was misty here, had to use the wipers...