What is your winter weather like?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Just glad I have my Jeep fixed, it would run 10 minutes, then die for a half hour. Restart, run 10 repeat..... Just long enough to get to work. Found a bad wire to the crankshaft sensor, repaired that and now it's all good. At least I can warm it up mornings now!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They're already closing schools for the next 2 days due to cold temps and nasty winchills

dwco5051

Commander
I knew we were expecting a few days with lows below 0 so I decided to put the weather front on my Duramax pickup. Used it last year for a couple of days, took it off and put it in a black plastic bag. Went down to the shop and looked at the shelves where I was sure I had put it and it wasn't there. Searched the entire shop a couple of times plus the attached garage at the house. Panic time. Finally went to the shop the third time and started looking at the shelf where I was sure I put it last year and right on top of some tarps was a white plastic bag which I assumed held some free Harbor Freight tarps and lo and behold it was in a white bag. Getting old isn't all it is cracked up to be. Wasted about two hours of my life I will never get back.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's Super Bowl Week. In Atlanta. Remember the last time the Super Bowl was in Atlanta? It's happening again this week.

82rude

Rear Admiral
dwco5051 kind of like looking all over the house for a lighter and getting madder and madder then realizing its in your hand,lol.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
dwco5051 kind of like looking all over the house for a lighter and getting madder and madder then realizing its in your hand,lol.

Reminds me of a work buddy. I walked it the forklift shop, he was looking around for something. I ask what ya looking for? He scratches his head- - - With a screwdriver. Says I just had a screwdriver a few minutes ago.....I can't find it. I said you mean the one you just scratched your head with that's currently in your hand?? Screwdriver travels across the shop, he walks out....lol

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Haha. Glad Im not the only one. With me it's keys, especially when I'm caring other stuff too...

GA_Boater

It's Super Bowl Week. In Atlanta. Remember the last time the Super Bowl was in Atlanta? It's happening again this week.

Well the forecasters blew it. They were calling for snow and ice and it went past us. Still way below normal temp-wise with all kinds of outdoor SB stuff going on with plenty of wind. Not as bad as up North, but my blood is thin. I'm staying on the cozy couch! :D

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
It's been cold and miserable here in KC. I find myself wondering why I live in a place where it gets below freezing.

64osby

Admiral
It's been cold and miserable here in KC. I find myself wondering why I live in a place where it gets below freezing.

Feeling that way more and more as I get older. Starting to think Michigan in the summer, Australia in the summer. Hmmmm.

oldrem

Commander
We hit -22F this morning with -50 wc. One more day of this then weekend is supposed to be mid 30's before settling in to mid 20's all next week

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Businesses r closing down in WI and most of MN including Mpls. The worst is coming tonite.. 20190130_075053.jpg

oldrem

Commander
Businesses r closing down in WI and most of MN including Mpls. The worst is coming tonite..

Admiral wanted to open the store today even though I told her no one would be coming. At least convinced her that we'll close by 1PM. No mail being delivered throughout much of the midwest

GA_Boater

This cold is serious;

The cold weather was even affecting beer deliveries, with a pair of western Wisconsin distributors saying they would delay or suspend shipments for fear that beer would freeze in their trucks.

Y'all be careful up there, dress warm or stay inside and don't lick any beer cans!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
We hit -22F this morning with -50 wc. One more day of this then weekend is supposed to be mid 30's before settling in to mid 20's all next week

fairbanks alaska is 10 degrees

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Here just north of Buffalo, we got a couple new feet of snow overnite, and a bit cold and windy. Oh, now blizzard warning, and flood warnings, and driving advisories going to bans. The blower pointed to my house, and the Lake is doing its part. It is exciting!

southkogs

Staff member
I have to be up in Minneapolis next week. I'm rummaging through my stuff to see what I own that will be near warm enough!