What is your winter weather like?

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Crazy swings in temp here in Edmonton, AB , Canada yesterday -27 Celsius and now its 0 Celsius . On Saturday its suppose to be plus 7 Celsius and back to -15 .

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well we got dumped on again tonight .Its 4 am and the blasted plows woke me up.I noticed my atv plowmount has loosened a little so its off to the garage ain a couple of hours to tighten it up .Looks like I will be busy .

Doh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's been a Mild Winter here until late Dec. Then Below Normal Temps.

Started Plowing on the Ice Dec.23rd (by truck) which is about normal, but there was 8" in places and 4"s in others. Slush came up in Jan 7th after a 6" dump of snow. Turned brutally cold by the 12th and hasn't let up since. -45-50 below with the wind chill last night.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Pushed a lot of snow today!Got to get a amber flashing light for the little workhorse ,at least id feel safer at night .Vast majority of them are magnetic base,which my roof isn't so maybe Velcro would be the answer.You can get them at wallyworld for as little as 14 bucks and they just plug in to the powerport.So far today is calm and not too cold .

oldrem

Commander
-3 F here now with predicted high of +4. Supposed to get a bit colder by mid week with predicted windchills of -40 to -50 F. We won't be seeing anything above freezing here for at least a couple weeks.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Overall a very mild winter. some -27C stuff occasionally, but also forecast highs of +5C tomorrow(can open the sunroof), average for this time of year is usually - 20C thru -30C.

Eastern Canada is a different story this winter

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I think it may be down to freezing temps for a few hours tonight . Walking in from the garage I felt like I needed something more than my tee shirt on this evening ...

RGrew176

Commander
Another Polar Vortex headed our way next week. May have a couple days where the high does not go above 0*. A couple of -10* nights in store. Fortunately I buy all my winter coats across the Detroit River in Canada. They know cold weather gear.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
-21 here. Going to start the Jeep, take it to the shop and check it over for a 400 mile run.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Its currently 58 degrees..... going to sand down the inside of the bilge for a coat of gel

DeepCMark58A

Commander
-20 this morning at my place, that does not include windchill. We will be paying what I call the January tax this week.

Wednesday will feature a high temperature of -13, windchill in the -50 range.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Most of n.ontario is under a deep freeze warning for today.Wind chill values to -50 c which is colder than farh.I was out last night and boy was it chilly!The wind effectively strips the layer of air around your body making it the windchill number.

Doh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
-44F Sunday Morning here, without the Wind Chill. Freakin Cold, but it's been a good Winter so far.

bassman284

Commander
We may have new record lows Wednesday night into Thursday. Old record here is -29 (east central Iowa). The weather people are very excited.

oldrem

Commander
Got 6" of the 12" they were predicting for overnight just in time for the temps to plummet to -20F the next 2 nights. Wind chills predicted to -50F

82rude

Rear Admiral
You know its cold out when I don't want to move off the couch.This artic weather is forecasted to settle over us for maybe a week.Same with the neighbors on the other end of lake superior I believe.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You know its cold out when I don't want to move off the couch.This artic weather is forecasted to settle over us for maybe a week.Same with the neighbors on the other end of lake superior I believe.

Yes it is, fun week...