What is your winter weather like?

jkust

Rear Admiral
Typical central Minnesota weather. Just above 0 today ambient temp, not much snow to speak of unless you are up in the northern part of the state. It's pretty much always cold here.

82rude

Rear Admiral
They say this storm system could affect 26 states and several provinces.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Wonder how our friends from around Buffalo are fairing this year?

I am a few miles NE of Buffalo, not enough snow, as usual. We should get some Saturday evening into Sunday (6, 9, 12, 15 inches??), then get a bit cold. My guess is 8-10 inches my house, over a foot south and NE of us. I like this area a lot, just wish we had more snow. I'm sure others around here have a different opinion. The boat is inside cold storage for a few months, so we'll play on ice and snow for a while here and up at camp (that's the photo)
Fusions 17.JPG

oldrem

Commander
5-8" predicted here starting later this afternoon. My younger daughter and family are driving in this evening from Michigan for my grandsons hockey tournament this weekend in Illinois. I'm hoping to make the trip down to watch him play.

sam60

Captain
Rained last couple of days. We are at 25% of our annual rainfall of 4". 62F down here and chilly up there.
IMG_4655.JPGIMG_4656.JPG

82rude

Rear Admiral
Ive never seen a member from Siberia on here,now there would be a winter weather report!I know parts gf Germany and Austria are getting buried big big time.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Thursday evening we got hammered by a 1/2" of the white stuff, then another inch last night. Man I might have to call my buddy with his backhoe to dig us out. North shore of Lake Erie directly across from the southern tier of NY state. In the last 3 winters I shoveled a total of 2 times, maybe. The winter of 2015 and 2016 we had drifts over 30' high, some homes were completely buried that only chimneys stuck out so we've been lucky big time.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thursday evening we got hammered by a 1/2" of the white stuff, then another inch last night. Man I might have to call my buddy with his backhoe to dig us out. North shore of Lake Erie directly across from the southern tier of NY state.

Hope you bought a bunch of milk and bread ahead of time...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Coldest place in the world today was in N.Sask at a balmy -72.4 f.Now that would grab you by the booboo,s

oldrem

Commander
Snowfall was 8" here yesterday and my snowblower broke the auger belt after blowing only 12". Admiral and I hand shoveled enough of the driveway so I could get to a hardware store and grab a new belt. Installed the belt, made one pass down the drive and the new belt shredded. Luckily a neighbor let me borrow his to finish up. At least made it to my grandsons hockey tournament. They only had about 4" down there. Morning temp is 5F here now with -11F windchill

aspeck

Staff member
Had about 12 inches before precipitation turned to rain and sleet. Woke up to about 6 inches of wet, heavy snow pack that the plow truck struggled to push and 35 degrees. When I finished plowing at 10:30AM it was 24 degrees and extremely windy. The wet roads were freezing over. Fun times in central PA!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Me and my big mouth. We got a good 8" of the crap last night. It can stay right where it is, that's what 4 wheel drive and salt is for. I'll shovel off the stoop into the cottage. Just 45 minutes north of us in the Hamilton, Niagara area they got hammered with a foot and are getting 60 mph winds. My brother lives in Niagara area and said he has been snowblowing for the last 2 days. Advantage country living, no one can fine me for not keeping the walkways clean.

82rude

Rear Admiral
We got dumped on last night and its also still snowing.The Polaris ace got a bigtime workout as it was pushing a lot of snow.Its amazing the power that little 325cc engine produces .

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When the winds die between gusts, it's a balmy 75[SUP]0[/SUP], right?

Even though I want to complain about how cold it is down here, I won't. You got me beat!

82rude

Rear Admiral
The little workhorse.
46853607361_1aab26a440_z.jpg

aspeck

Staff member
Rain last night and today ... about an inch of it ... now the front is coming through and temps dropping from mid 30's to lower 20's. Tomorrow we are to get a touch of Musky's weather ... another iced up day. Kid's had MLK Day off, a 2 hour delay yesterday that probably should have been a canceled day because of the ice on the roads ... busy all day with accidents (one with an older guy and 2 high school students ... older guy had a strong smell of pot about him, and at least a brick on the seat ... he got a ride in the police cruiser). Then the rain and now the wind is picking up and temps dropping. School was a 2 hour delay, but now canceled today. Snow we deal with, but this ice ... ugggh!

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
High of maby zero tomorrow. Worked outside 4 1/2 hours today. You could feel the temps dropping.