Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

What is your winter weather like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 was the record for precip. in east central IA. I need a max. 12' river gage level (Normal + 3') to put my rail boat lift back in the Miss. This was year 4 of 7 that I had to wait 'til Jul to get it in. Late Jul this year. Hardly worth the effort since it comes out mid-late Sept.

I'm preparing to shell out some serious coin to extend the season (below), since cold water forces the early lift removal.

I've forgotten what a normal winter is. But I know the ave. is much warmer than 20-30 yrs ago. I can't remember the last time we had a long <-10 deg stretch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift helper 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	10695224Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift helper 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	10695225

'96 Larson 174 SEI BR. 4.3LX 4 bbl Weber s/n 0F786604. Alpha One Gen II s/n 0F709315

Comment

Here in Tarpon Spgs, Fl it was 75-80 high every day while my step son and his wife visited for a week. Sat on patio near the dock most days watching the sunset with appropriate drinks of course. But it has plummeted to 50 degrees tonight now at 10 PM. Woe is us ;-)
      Mariah Shabah Z202 5.7L Mercruiser B3
      Jensen Marine 1972 Cal 21 cabin sloop
      Retired EE of 45 years

Comment

Winter ?
        Hoodie in the morning for the chill then shed to tee shirt by 9 am ...
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        '64 MFG Rebuild
        MFG forum thread https://forums.iboats.com/mfg/64-edin...ay-524708.html
        https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ve-the-manatee
        https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-restoration

Comment

Wish I was a weatherman. Of course I'd get fired right away.
          I'd predict possible snow/cold, along with warm snaps and rain from November through April.
          Expect a warmup, by mid April, with rain and coldsnaps till Novemver.
          If ya can't fix it with a hammer,ya got yourself an electrical problem.

Comment

Rain!!!

Glenn
            sigpic

08 Sun Tracker Regency, Party Barge 22
            08 Mercury 115 hp 4 stroke

Comment

Stinks, not near enough snow...

Comment

Originally posted by WIMUSKY View Post
                Stinks, not near enough snow...
                I am up at my Tahoe house. Getting a couple feet in the next 2 days. Maybe 3 feet between Thursday and Friday.

I am glad I can drive home whenever I want and don't have to live in the stuff.
                1998 Wellcraft Eclipse 24 Cuddy
                Volvo Penta Duo-Prop 7.4L "LK"

2006 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21
                Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI
                "Common sense is not very common"
                "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." -- John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb58 View Post

I am up at my Tahoe house. Getting a couple feet in the next 2 days. Maybe 3 feet between Thursday and Friday.

I am glad I can drive home whenever I want and don't have to live in the stuff.
                  I only have about 6" in my yard which is crazy low this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by WIMUSKY View Post

I only have about 6" in my yard which is crazy low this time of year
                    We got a light dusting Saturday afternoon, but other than that there is nothing on the ground here. Non of the lakes around here are safe for ice fishing, and I hear that's true for much of the state this year.
                    - Eric

Somers, WI

Old enough to know better - but crazy enough to try anyway

Comment

waubeessee lake is frozen over, I was out there yesterday after this chilly week augering some holes to see how thick it is. got about 300 feet from shore in front of my house and it had 3-4 inches. Only thing is there is no public access at the moment. The boat launch is in a channel and overflow from long lake is preventing ice from forming. Open water at the launch. Residents were out all weekend ice fishing.

Comment

If you want access, shoot me a message and you can use my property to get on the ice.

Comment

Here in NY State, much the same as others in NE US and Canada have reported. It's cold now, it'll change again. Ice fishing in some areas observed this weekend (central NY). I wish we had more snow here in western NY, so I'll go up to Adirondacks asap to get into it better, got it up at the camp - and can ride across the lake, etc.

Comment

Long range forecast for this area is the next 60 days will have colder temps than normal and more snow than normal. Only got a couple inches over the weekend ... there is a possibility of 16 inches coming this next weekend ... time will tell. But it has finally gotten cold again.

Comment

We've taken a break for the moment ... in the 50s. Rain will be back on Thursday. Starting to worry I'm gonna' wake up to see animals walking in twos toward the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by southkogs View Post
                                We've taken a break for the moment ... in the 50s. Rain will be back on Thursday. Starting to worry I'm gonna' wake up to see animals walking in twos toward the boat.
                                Just make sure you're on thst boat....

Comment

Working...
                                X