What is your winter weather like?

southkogs

Staff member
Started raining on Friday and really just finished last night. We've had some flooding through the weekend, but I don't know the extent of the damage yet. We had tornado watches all yesterday, but nothing worse than that.

I know others got hit harder than we did.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Just looked outside.Another snowstorm!Well I know what I will be doing tomorrow morning.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Right now were in the middle of a blizzard!Been going on all night ,my garage side door is buried up past the door handle and climbing to the deadbolt!Its a good thing I bought a snow shovel,as im normally of the thinking that if god meant me to shovel he wouldn't of put somebody on this earth smart enough to invent the snowblower! What a time for my atv to be awaiting the new bumper so I can use my plow.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Mackinaw Bridge was closed for awhile plus the International Bridge only allowed essential crossings today.Of a town of approx. 70,000 it would be easier to say what was open vs what was closed today.Snow removal crews are doing a stellar job as usual.And as usual my toro has been a trooper through my atv issues .I was watching my buddy do his drive with his new honda 9hp trackdrive and boy that's a beast for sure.

RGrew176

Commander
We are in line for some more cold temperatures. Nightime lows for the next week or so will be in the single digits to the low teens. Not a polar vortex thankfully.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Had a Heat Wave on Sunday -2, it's currently -26(-33 with Wind chill) and dropping. Wednesday will again rise to a Sweating -2 then for the next 2 weeks highs of -10 thru to -20 and lows down to -30, not counting Wind Chills.

aspeck

Staff member
Drove back from Boston Sunday evening ... wind was so strong I literally had to accelerate DOWNHILL to keep moving forward! Drove 7 1/2 hours with BOTH hands on the steering wheel!

Interesting that Central PA has more snow and was colder than Boston (Mass through Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in PA, actually). Not gonna lie, I am a bit jealous of jimmbo’s temps. I need to move further north! I love the cold!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Well when it gets above 70F it is too hot for me if not in the shade, I feel like my skin is burning, I have the A/C going full

aspeck

Staff member
That is about the way I feel ... and I get to spend several weeks a year in Ghana, West Africa, where it almost never gets below 70 ... at 80 the locals are wearing down jackets and wool caps! At 100*F, they are comfortable (which is MOST of the time). Me, not so much!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well the last few days its rained and uncovered the roadways in the city and lowe and behold ,as far as the eye can see and as numerous as the blades of grass on the praries wander herds of magnificent ,regal potholes! There is one bull pothole about a quarter of a mile from my place that has swallowed up 2 chev, one dodge and a ford truck in one feeding.When they move my house literally shakes and the ground rumbles for miles.I have one right outside that im thinking of getting a chair tomorrow and a ice fishing rod and jigging to see what id catch,lol.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
We were almost at 70 yesterday and in the mid 30's and flurries today. Spring in Central PA. After 2 days of temps above 60's people were saying, "The snow is over." I would laugh and remind them this is mid March in central PA. We could have snow for another 5 weeks!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Thursday we had mild weather and rain and my edge was parked between the house and the garage as usual.Something told me to move the car up and away from the two.So I did and a couple of hours later I heard a loud rumble and crash and lo and behold between the two buildings was may half a ton or so of ice on the ground.Boy that would of made a big mess out of my suv!

RGrew176

Commander
I saw my first flock of Robin's today. That is a definite sign of spring. It won't be much longer as we creep towards spring bit by bit and day by day.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well we are starting to melt out and the camp robbers have now come back, so spring is not far off and I didn't have to use the ice ax to get out of the house today!

:eek:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
But is the plow truck stuck, MT?

Nope, not this year, it is sitting in the neighbors driveway right now cause the 4WD is not working, just waiting for the special order chains for it to get here, so I can get it back to the house, been driving the Subaru Outback for the last month.