Rocket Launch

jbcurt00

Staff member
Bummer @scrubbed launch, detected elevated hydrogen levels in the port hydrogen fueled booster :confused:

I watched the Suyez module uncouple from the International Space Station live earlier today. 2Americans and a Russian headed home...

Amazing to watch it slowly (very slowly) move away after opening the coupler hooks, to moving slightly faster (but only slightly) once clear then rapidly moving out of frame as it got further and further away....

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
It puzzles me how we can work together with the Russians in a space program, but are so divided, or should I say complete enemies otherwise.

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've sat out on the patio 3 times trying to watch this sucker launch, gonna give them one more chance to entertain me. I hope no one is doing anything sneaky while we try to get that spy sat up there to watch them.

Glenn

sam60

Captain
I've sat out on the patio 3 times trying to watch this sucker launch, gonna give them one more chance to entertain me. I hope no one is doing anything sneaky while we try to get that spy sat up there to watch them.

Glenn

It will be at about 240 degrees heading from my location in NV. The best one I've seen had shifting winds aloft and it looked like a corkscrew. Boring stuff.

EDIT: Scrubbed again.

[h=3]Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018[/h] (Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., Dec. 20, 2018) – The launch of a United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy carrying the NROL-71 mission for the National Reconnaissance Office was scrubbed yesterday due to indications of elevated hydrogen concentrations within the port booster engine section.
The team is currently reviewing all data and set the next launch attempt no earlier than Dec. 30, 2018.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It puzzles me how we can work together with the Russians in a space program, but are so divided, or should I say complete enemies otherwise.

Can you imagine telling someone during the Space Race of the 60's that there would be a joint space program with the Ruskies? Never in a million years would they believe that.

sam60

Captain
Welp, here's the latest that I found. Still well, sorta...Up in the air.

[h=3]ULA Delta IV Heavy NROL-71 will Launch NET Jan. 6, 2019[/h] (Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., Dec. 28, 2018) -- The United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy carrying the NROL-71 mission will launch no earlier than Sunday, January 6, 2019. The mission will launch from Space Launch Complex-6 at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
At this rate that payload will be obsolete before it's launched.

Glenn