2018 NFL - Week 15

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Coming off the bench again for Musky.

With the NCAA football season winding down except for bowl games (6 on Saturday and only 35 to go), it's time for Saturday NFL football. But first the TNF match up;

Thursday Night Football
NFL Network/FOX 8:20/7:20 Central

Chargers(10-3 5-1 away) vs Chefs(11-2 6-0 home)

This is a AFC West battle for supremacy. The Chiefs have clinched a playoff spot and the Chargers want to clinch a spot and tie the Chiefs for what could be the playoff home field edge.

Saturday games - Texans at the Jets at 4:30/ 3:30 Central and Browns at the Broncos at 8:20/7:20 Central - Both games on NFLN.

Week 14 Power Rankings;

1) Saints*
2) Chiefs*
3) Rams*
4) Chargers
5) Patriots
6) Bears
7) Texans
8) Cowboys
9) Seahawks
10) Steelers

* - Playoff spot clinched.

Notable Injuries

Melvin Gordon, LAC RB
News Archive
Los Angeles Chargers
Questionable - According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, "it will be challenging" for Gordon (knee) to suit up Thursday night at Kansas City.

Austin Ekeler*, LAC RB
News Archive
Los Angeles Chargers
Out - Coach Anthony Lynn said he's "not optimistic" that Ekeler (neck/concussion) will be available for Thursday's game against the Chiefs, Steve Wyche of NFL Network reports.

Eric Berry, KC S
News Archive
Kansas City Chiefs
Questionable - Berry (heel) is expected to start against the Chargers on Thursday and will be on a pitch count, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Tyreek Hill, KC WR
News Archive
Kansas City Chiefs
Questionable - Hill (heel/wrist) is expected to play in Thursday's game against the Chargers, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

David Johnson, Ari RB
News Archive
Arizona Cardinals
Questionable - Johnson (quadriceps) returned to practice Thursday, Darren Urban of the Cardinals' official site reports.

Chad Williams, Ari WR
News Archive
Arizona Cardinals
Questionable - Williams (hamstring) was held out of practice Wednesday, Darren Urban of the Cardinals' official site reports.

Julio Jones, Atl WR
News Archive
Atlanta Falcons
Questionable - Jones (foot) was sent home from Thursday's practice after experiencing flu-like symptoms but coach Dan Quinn fully expects the wideout to play Sunday against the Cardinals, D. Orlando Ledbetter of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

LeSean McCoy, Buf RB
News Archive
Buffalo Bills
Questionable - McCoy (hamstring) participated in practice Thursday, Joe Buscaglia of WKBW.com reports.

Allen Robinson, Chi WR
News Archive
Chicago Bears
Questionable - Coach Matt Nagy said Robinson (hip) is expected to practice Thursday, Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports.

A.J. Green*, Cin WR
News Archive
Cincinnati Bengals
IR - Coach Marvin Lewis said that the surgery Green underwent Tuesday to address a right foot injury went well and noted the wideout should be ready to resume on-field work during OTAs in late May, Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official site reports.

Ezekiel Elliott, Dal RB
News Archive
Dallas Cowboys
Questionable - Elliott (shoulder) will participate in Thursday's practice, Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News reports

Matthew Stafford, Det QB
News Archive
Detroit Lions
Questionable - Stafford (back) was a limited practice participant Wednesday, Tim Twentyman of the Lions' official site reports.

Jimmy Graham, GB TE
News Archive
Green Bay Packers
Questionable - Graham (thumb/knee) is taking part in Thursday's practice, Wes Hodkiewicz of the Packers' official site reports.

J.J. Watt, Hou DE
News Archive
Houston Texans
Questionable - Watt (knee) was listed as a limited participant during Tuesday's walkthrough.

Malcolm Brown*, LAR RB
News Archive
Los Angeles Rams
IR - The Rams placed Brown (collarbone) on injured reserve Tuesday, Myles Simmons of the Rams' official site reports.

Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB
News Archive
Miami Dolphins
Questionable - Coach Adam Gase said Tannehill (ankle) looked good during practice Wednesday and will play in Sunday's game at Minnesota "unless something crazy happens," Adam H. Beasley of the Miami Herald reports.

Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR
News Archive
New York Giants
Questionable - Head coach Pat Shurmur said Beckham (quadriceps) will not practice Thursday while he goes for outside evaluation, Dan Duggan of The Athletic reports.

Carson Wentz, Phi QB
News Archive
Philadelphia Eagles
Questionable - Wentz was diagnosed with a fractured back vertebrae after receiving a CT scan Thursday, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

James Conner, Pit RB
News Archive
Pittsburgh Steelers
Questionable - Conner (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
News Archive
Pittsburgh Steelers
Questionable - Roethlisberger (ribs) won't participate in Wednesday's practice, Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

DeSean Jackson, TB WR
News Archive
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Questionable - Jackson (thumb) isn't participating in Thursday's practice, Greg Auman of The Athletic reports.

Adrian Peterson, Wsh RB
News Archive
Washington Redskins
Questionable - Peterson (shoulder) practiced on a limited basis Wednesday, Kareem Copeland of The Washington Post reports.

For more on your favorite team, there's a bunch..... http://www.nfl.com/injuries

iBOATS Pickem

New leader for as long as it lasts - GA leading bassman.................Up, down, up, down - Currently up.

1) GA_Boater (10)
2) bassman
3) BluesCrew (10)
4) PSU Homer
4) Musky

BluesCrew and GA_Boater had 10 correct picks. Congrats to the Admiral! But she copied from GA! :rolleyes:

In for Musky

GA_B

GA_Boater

Halftime score is 7-14, Chiefs. Rivers has two INTs, the last one coming on 3rd and goal. KC's Mahomes has 2 TD passes. 0 INTs.

GA_Boater

Chargers win 29-28 after a TD with 4 seconds on the clock and then went for 2 point conversion and the win.

AFC West is all knotted up with 11-3 records for KC and LAC.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'll tell you what happened, slow on the Post window.

1:49 to go, great game, I'll be back. 4th and 8, L.A. has to go for it. OM goodness, 1st down LA, a minute left ball on KC 10. Rivers looking for a roughing penalty, get back in the huddle Phil please. 13 secs left. It was roughing the ref missed. Helmet to helmet and defenceless player. Pass caught out of bounds, penalty against KS, OH MY. Wishy washy call. 1st and goal at the 1. That was 1 of many great catches tonight by both teams. 8 secs left in game. TD TD TD Chargers. Maybe. Looks like O is going for the win if it is a good TD. Must be nice to call a game as a ref in super slow mo. Unfortunately they don't. A TD! 28-27 going for 2. Keeps Mahones off field if they get the 2. Wide open man, wide wide open. All the KC guys are pointing fingers, Williams had a great night. 3 TD's. 29-28 Chargers 1st lead of the night It's over, I'm tired, that was fun.

Philip Rivers has always had me shake my head. You never know how he is going to play. Not game to game but series to series. He missed a few passes by 5 yards tonight, then threads the needle with 3 D backs hanging off a guy. Mahones looks like he lost the Super Bowl. Great game regardless. All those guys are good. Enough high lights to fill 1/2 hour show. Where do they come up with these new RB's in the NFL, they all look like Pro Bowlers and they are 2nd year guys or rookies.

Great game.

KC has lost in the 1st round AT HOME for the 6 playoff games Coach Reid has been there. The last time KC won a home playoff game was the early 90's with Super Joe Montana and Marcus Allen playing for them. They went on to lose to the Bills in the AFC Championship game. They hope to break that trend of home team disadvantage.

I love NFL in December. We have all day Sunday, MNF, TNF and Saturdays now. At least many wives know where their husbands are 4 nights of the week.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks for fillin' in again GA. I should be back in the game next week barring any setbacks... :)

This weekend, Sat., we have an annual get together with some friends of ours at their cabin. We break out the Queso dip and chips and then on to the main course, this year was lasagna and garlic bread. We always have a fun relaxing evening. This year it was needed more than ever.

Some interesting games this week. After dumping their OC after losing last week, the Vikes crushed Miami by scoring 41pts. Seems like a team gets fired up after a coaching change. Seen it with other teams. I guess Green Bay didn't get the memo. Chicago clinched the NFC North with their win. 1st division championship since '03, I believe.

Dallas was hammered by Indy. One of my sources claim they were getting cocky. Well, look what happened....
Pittsburgh took it to New England even w/o Conner, breaking their losing skid and keeping their playoff chances alive.
49ers upset the Seahawks in OT.
Bengals crushed the hapless Raiders who doesn't have a home next year.
Giants were blanked at home by the Titans. OBJ was out.....

Now we're enjoying the Eagles at the Rams....... Go Gurley!

Last edited:

bassman284

Commander
Yeah, and against all figuring, the Eagles are pounding the poo out of the Rams. Makes me wonder why I keep trying to make picks because the results make no sense.

GA_Boater

I think the Rams 6-0 home record will be 6-1 after the Eagles finish mauling them.

Samuels filled in admirably for Conner. Steelers close out the season at New Orleans, ugh, and at home against the Bengals.

The Browns are favored at home over the Bengals next Sunday. Whoda thunk!

Rams, Saints and Bears have clinched their divisions and the Chargers and Chiefs clinched playoff spots.