Rest in peace Mr. President....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Rest in peace sir, you courage inspired us and your deeds saved us in the war.

Thank you.

Again Rest in peace Mr. President.

One of my Commanders in Chief in the times I served. I salute you.

Attachments

• photo305156.gif
    photo305156.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I lowered my flag yesterday .. He was a truly good person ...RIP .....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I agree, a very decent respectable person without question. RIP

southkogs

Staff member
Had been kind of waiting for this. One of the most unique things about him (to me) was the exceptional connection he and Barbara seemed to have. Of any of the presidents I can recall, their relationship seemed to be almost seamless. I always kinda' figured when one of the passed, the other would be relatively close behind.

A life well lived, and his country well served. Rest in peace Mr. President, and we thank you.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
RIP former CINC President Bush.

You will be remembered and honored by many.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Had been kind of waiting for this. One of the most unique things about him (to me) was the exceptional connection he and Barbara seemed to have. Of any of the presidents I can recall, their relationship seemed to be almost seamless. I always kinda' figured when one of the passed, the other would be relatively close behind.

A life well lived, and his country well served. Rest in peace Mr. President, and we thank you.

73 years together they said on the News this morning!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Yes, Rest In Peace Mr. President. As a Canadian looking south I always said, regardless of our political differences George W. Bush was a classy man, as well as The First Lady. Talk about the classic American success story, theirs's was one.

sam60

Captain
G H W Bush was a great man. You have to be a patriot to apply for that job (most of the time). May he rest in peace.

sam60

Captain
[video]https://www.click2houston.com/video/union-pacific-locomotive-no-4141-being-prepared-for-journey[/video]

sam60

Captain
[video]https://www.click2houston.com/bush-41/houston-gets-its-turn-to-say-goodbye-to-george-hw-bush[/video]

southkogs

Staff member
4141 is a nifty lookin' locomotive. I didn't know they had done that - saw some photos of the President in the engine itself this afternoon. Very nice. Read a little on the history of presidential funeral trains too. This was the first in about 50 years.