2018 NFL - Week 13

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Must have been a Steelers fan from Philly! :rolleyes:

Regardless, I hope the SOB has to face the music.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That is simply disgusting. Something brings out the bad in some idiots.

Back to Football. Are the numbers there this year where an 8 and 7 team cam mathematically make the playoffs amd a chance to win the whole enchilada? I think the Bills went to the Super Bowl as a wildcard with a 9 and 7 record. I can't remember if they won.

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

The Bills never won a Super bowl. Not for lack of trying - 4 times, but no trophy.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That is simply disgusting. Something brings out the bad in some idiots.

Back to Football. Are the numbers there this year where an 8 and 7 team cam mathematically make the playoffs amd a chance to win the whole enchilada? I think the Bills went to the Super Bowl as a wildcard with a 9 and 7 record. I can't remember if they won.

Yea I thought so Ga. Those 4 games are just a fog in my brain. I have had to suffer that team since the modern team rejoined the AFL. The original team moved to Cleveland after WW2. Mom is from western NY so I'm a Bills fan through DNA. They did win the AFL Championship the year before the merger if memory serves me well.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The Vikes have been there 4 times too and have yet to bring home the hardware.... I think the Lions either have
never been to the playoffs, or have never won a playoff game..

aspeck

Staff member
Bruce, I agree the college game is a much for "fun" environment than the pro game. I am concerned that more and more college stadiums are going to alcohol sales as a source of revenue. It is a shame the $60-$300 per seat prices are not enough!

GA_Boater

This Super Bowl talk raises the question - What teams have not won a Super Bowl? SI has the answer;

There are 13 NFL franchises that have not won a Super Bowl. The Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Eagles, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans and Vikings have not won a Super Bowl in their history. The Browns, Jaguars, Lions and Texans have never reached the Super Bowl. Jan 21, 2018

Note the date - Jan 21, 2018 because on Feb 4, 2018 the Eagles dropped off this list of notoriety.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the reminder GA ... :facepalm:
We did make the AFC CG 3 times though ! :D

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I think the Lions either have
never been to the playoffs, or have never won a playoff game..

I don't think I've had as much empathy for a millionaire as I do for Barry Sanders. I put him in the top 5 of best running backs that has ever played. Barry Sanders, O.J. Simpson, Walter Payton, Gale Sayers and Emmitt Smith in no particular order.