Jeep Gladiator

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Anyone been following this? Looks pretty cool to me. 4 door wrangler with a pickup bed that can tow 7600 lbs. Think this could check a lot of boxes for a lot of people.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-jeep-gladiator-is-the-glorious-jeep-pickup-you-1830696134

iwdsuvggshk2udv5o3ss.png

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
been watching the various prototypes for a few years now. to the point I was looking at putting a 4-door wrangler body on a dodge 3/4 ton chassis and building a bed (actually was bidding on jeep bodies and dodge trucks on auction sites)...... the admiral said no more projects.

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
I think its pretty cool. I have a 06 LJ and love it. It would be awesome to get one of these if it was a 2 door. Not a big fan of the 4 door versions

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It is a Jeep, people will buy it that never put it in 4WD, like most other Jeeps these days. Most people buy 4wd vehicles now a days because of looks and not the utility aspect of them, which is why most of them have weak drive trains in them.

But it is cool looking and I am sure they will sell a lot of them.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
been watching the various prototypes for a few years now. to the point I was looking at putting a 4-door wrangler body on a dodge 3/4 ton chassis and building a bed (actually was bidding on jeep bodies and dodge trucks on auction sites)...... the admiral said no more projects.

4 door cummins 3/4 ton jeep would be so cool! I always say it's easier to beg forgiveness, right?