Insight spacecraft just landed on Mars

southkogs

Staff member
Was right there with ya' ... got a kick out of seeing the control room go nuts when it set down.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
I'm 61 years old, so I remember as a kid, all those launches with Walter Cronkite narrating. Seemed like there was a launch every week! I'm guessing not, but as a kid it seemed that way.

southkogs

Staff member
I got to see some of the end of Apollo, and then watch the STS. I've been fortunate to meet some of the astronauts and pilots, and just enjoy seeing it all happen.

Ds-c8TlU0AE0pO2.jpg:large

jbcurt00

Staff member
For the space nerds w smart phones, I live the ISS app. Some of the live shots of sunrise/set are amazing as were the live shots of a cargo/resupply ship docking....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yapps.iss_free

The tracking of what part of the world is passing is also interesting to see, esp when it lets you know when the ISS is visible from where you are.

It looked more like a helicopter crossing my field of view of the night sky, a far, far away helicopter.....

it tracked so fast left to right in front of the house 1 night, it really did look like a plane or heilcopter off in the distance. At @ 27K mph, I suppose it would...

It should be visible now w the naked eye in parts of Quebec, at my hotel tomorrow from 445-452pm.

The sunrise aboard the ISS will be in anout 30min as it passes NE to SW across the Mexico/California border.

Last edited:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
...It looked more like a helicopter crossing my field of view of the night sky, a far, far away helicopter.....

it tracked so fast left to right in front of the house 1 night, it really did look like a plane or heilcopter off in the distance. At @ 17K mph, I suppose it would...
Fixed it for ya. But if you meant KPH, then yah, 27,000kph is pretty close. ;) :cool:

Shortly after I moved out here to the country I saw the ISS from my front porch. Good "seeing" around here. Neat stuff.:joyous:

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wow, the members here are far nicer than the guys in another boat forum where most of them complained about all the money wasted. Good for you.

aspeck

Staff member
[No message]

Attachments

• photo304997.jpg
    photo304997.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Hahaha! I was thinking of doing one of "Kilroy was here." :lol: