Historic Photos

RGrew176

Commander
Just for the record some of those photos are not correct in what was written about it. The one supposedly of the Titanic is not because the photo is taken in daylight and the Titanic sunk at night.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Just for the record some of those photos are not correct in what was written about it. The one supposedly of the Titanic is not because the photo is taken in daylight and the Titanic sunk at night.

Actually, I believe that picture is taken on the Capathia which was the ship that rescued many of the passengers from the Titanic, I saw a similar image in the Titanic museum in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Interesting....... when I look back on photos I have from my family and photos I had taken myself I see a huge difference in the quality. In today's world with smart phones and digital cameras EVERYTHING is now documented in detail.

Many of those old photos were taken with great care and good equipment.

I sit back and look at the old Polaroid instant pictures, the old 110 Instamatic pictures and how impressed and proud we were when we showed those pictures to family and friends..........I do have some photos I took in the late 70's with a good 35 mm camera but the majority of my childhood and early military years were poorly documented.