Ok, who stole summer?

sam60

Captain
We had a wet day here, 0.21" on our rain gauge but 0.11" on the local "official" site. We are under 4" for the year, Should I thank, blame or just be content?

harringtondav

Commander
Can't add much to what's been said. We're in for a looong warm spell. Our main home is 970' above sea level. The river house is 650'. But high upper Miss. river levels look like the norm for some time. The view from the deck is OK, if we look past our empty, half sunk rail boat lift.

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
So, the cray season has been declared for most of the Tas east coast but not the section near the middle, where we live, naturally

not quite sure how the water...and crays...north or south of the line can be good but not the ones in the 'box'
but it IS a gubbermint dept and so they know stuff,

cheers

They've announced the cray season open from today...
mucho happiness in the village...even the pot pullin' idiot is happy..
Crays for chrissie!
yay says the crowd
merry xmas.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
They've announced the cray season open from today...
mucho happiness in the village...even the pot pullin' idiot is happy..
Crays for chrissie!
yay says the crowd
merry xmas.

I got 6 today. 2 jumbos.... Tasty!

sam am I

Commander
Up north where I am, we should be up to our arses in snow and ice by now........

Last 15 yrs seems our winters are slowly changing to not what they used to be, it seems (is) we're slowly getting warmer and warmer each year.

The Robbins don't leave south anymore, critter that I've never seen are now living in this area. Once, only seen in our billion acre national forests, we now have these urbanized, tick infested, manged laden, e-coli carrying hoofed rats (white tail deer) that are taking over the towns wondering around the streets by the 100's like diseased herbivorous gangs with nothing to do but destroy/eat anything of value we plant/have in our yards, smaller lakes aren't freezing over anymore and the list goes on.

Geeesh, kids don't even get snow days off from school anymore and not sure we'll even have snow for xmas!!......so weird.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Really, who stole winter. We have about an inch of snow. My sleds r just sitting. We do have enough ice to fish with an ATV, forget about driving a car/truck.

RGrew176

Commander
Here in southeast Michigan we had more snow in November 6" than we have had in December .1". Go figure.

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
Something weird is happening here in Florida (well other than that ;-) I have lived continuously in this house since 1974. I have several hugs pine trees in my yard, some over 70 ft tall. The trees have been producing and dropping cones like mad all year. This has never happened before, usually just a few times a year. I have filled maybe 30 bins of them on just the last few months.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Something weird is happening here in Florida (well other than that ;-) I have lived continuously in this house since 1974. I have several hugs pine trees in my yard, some over 70 ft tall. The trees have been producing and dropping cones like mad all year. This has never happened before, usually just a few times a year. I have filled maybe 30 bins of them on just the last few months.

My wife noticed our Magnolia is both dropping leaves and flowering at the same time. She checked and others in the area are doing the same thing. That's just wrong...

Chris....

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
Very nice
might go out this arvo and drop a couple of pots once no. 2 son wakes up...or if... from fridee night shenigans

After 3 days and 2 shots we are crayless still...though apparently there were two possible subjects ( could have been thievin' occies ) in the brand new pot, on it's 2nd swim,
when the rope broke just before the surface,
sending the pot and critters down to the bottom,

no.2 son put a mark on it so no. 1 son can retrieve it but probably not before xmas lunch tomorrow,

was a pretty ordinary day actually,
no.1 son and l were prepping the little boat we use to get out to my moored boat,
son went to start up the jalopy ( the car ) to put the boat in and nuthin'...zilch...just clicks,

starter was buggered...and so were we lol
eventually hit the abort mission button and 3 hours later the towie turned up...
boat had been picked up in the meantime and l got to watch the antics at the little beach ramp and out the front of it,
interesting....

DeepCMark58A

Commander
When pondering climate change I try to observe change that has happened in the past. There are several submerged former cities around the world, most of early Florida's ancient history is submerged. So climate change is not a new thing.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
When pondering climate change I try to observe change that has happened in the past. There are several submerged former cities around the world, most of early Florida's ancient history is submerged. So climate change is not a new thing.

And that's why there are stumps that grew for many years that are now in the middle of lakes. This is up north...