Ok, who stole summer?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
It's the end of November. We've had 1 day over 30 degrees, we still have the winter dooner on the bed and it rained most of yesterday...

So, climate change deniers... Normally by this time of year we are well into summer activites... Trying to get out and get some crayfish ready for Christmas... Not every sure if we'll even get enough warm weather to bring the crabs in...

Just through I had to comment. This weather is without precedent... It'll be the coldest November on record....

Chris....

harringtondav

Commander
Chris, I'm a political centrist in the US. I also had a good dose of science in my edu. We are getting warmer. Sea levels are rising. CO2, our CO2 is behind most of it. It shows up in weird ways. Like your cooler than normal late year. We've got a rail lift on our Mississippi river place. 4 of 7 years we've been there I had to wait until deep July to put it in due to high water.

I hope Perth and your concerns are a ways back from the shore. Hope this comes through. It's a good watch. https://www.pbs.org/show/sinking-cities/

Maclin

Admiral
Extremee are getting more extreme, so just wait for it to show up all at once!

achris

Chris, I'm a political centrist in the US. I also had a good dose of science in my edu. We are getting warmer. Sea levels are rising. CO2, our CO2 is behind most of it. It shows up in weird ways. Like your cooler than normal late year. We've got a rail lift on our Mississippi river place. 4 of 7 years we've been there I had to wait until deep July to put it in due to high water.

I hope Perth and your concerns are a ways back from the shore. Hope this comes through. It's a good watch. https://www.pbs.org/show/sinking-cities/

harringtondav

Oh, I think you read me wrong... I am not a climate change denier. I COMPLETE agree it's real and it's bad, very bad. I'm using our non-summer summer as further evidence of that change....

As for our location in Perth. Close enough to the beach to see it, but we are on elevated land. Should be beach-front within my grand-daughter's lifetime. :D (https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...a87:0x504f0b535df3f70!8m2!3d-32.138!4d115.793)

Cheers.

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
It's the end of November. We've had 1 day over 30 degrees, we still have the winter dooner on the bed and it rained most of yesterday...

So, climate change deniers... Normally by this time of year we are well into summer activites... Trying to get out and get some crayfish ready for Christmas... Not every sure if we'll even get enough warm weather to bring the crabs in...

Just through I had to comment. This weather is without precedent... It'll be the coldest November on record....

Chris....

We must have had the 30 degs on the same day, a couple of weeks or so ago,
been cold, wet and windy since,
every time l go outside it starts to rain again,

the cray season here on the east coast has been put back again to when?
The west and north are open but it's a long way to get a cray or two,
didn't even bother getting a ticket last year but we'll get one from one of the cray boats for xmas,

The season this side has been cut the last 4 or 5 years due to algae, the boffins say it's coz of higher water temps coming down from the madland,

dosen't pay to buy a licence prior to the season coz they don't refund any money if the season is reduced in length

achris

We must have had the 30 degs on the same day, a couple of weeks or so ago,
Yep...

been cold, wet and windy since,
every time l go outside it starts to rain again,,

Not raining that much, but uncomfortably cold.
The west and north are open but it's a long way to get a cray or two,
didn't even bother getting a ticket last year but we'll get one from one of the cray boats for xmas,

The season this side has been cut the last 4 or 5 years due to algae, the boffins say it's coz of higher water temps coming down from the madland,

dosen't pay to buy a licence prior to the season coz they don't refund any money if the season is reduced in length

We had a 'season' (15-Nov to 30-June) until this year, when they dropped it. We are now allowed to fish for cray all year, when the weather suits. I can see a lot of people will be pushing the weather envelop to get a feed this year... Expecting to see more boating mishaps... :(

Cheers...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I certainly won't get into "Climate Change" conversation since it borders on being illegal to be on here. But I would like to know what happened to fall... :facepalm:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I remember going to the Xmas party while stationed in the outback some 30+ years ago. Temperature was 110* F. The highest i saw while there was 128*F. Total rainfall for the time I was there amounted to only 3.19 inches. Hot and dry, that place.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Here in Illinois, USA, we just had an actual blizzard! This is already the third snow this year. I don’t ever recall three snowstorms in November before.

ezbtr

Commander
Went from 91 to 45 in 1-2 days here in central TX, we may have had a few DAYS of Fall, 3 ish weeks ago!! ;)

achris

Scott Danforth 32 is not 'hot', it's comfortable. 'hot' is north of 40, which we normal have a few days of in December... That outlook is very discouraging.... :(

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
32 is not 'hot', it's comfortable. 'hot' is north of 40, which we normal have a few days of in December... :(

l certainly don't miss the 40-45 deg days that we would occasionally get in mid central Vic in Jan- feb or trying to sleep in 28-30 d nights...with or without a/c or fans

much more civilized down here...though l do find a pair of nice long johns is required attire under me strides in july/august...could be a once ya turn 60 thing too though

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer

So, the cray season has been declared for most of the Tas east coast but not the section near the middle, where we live, naturally

not quite sure how the water...and crays...north or south of the line can be good but not the ones in the 'box'
but it IS a gubbermint dept and so they know stuff,

much grumbling, whinging and footstamping on social media ( ok, us too lol )

one good thing though....those horrid holidaying shackies won't be able to steal OUR xmas crays for awhile.
lol

Some local residents are up in arms too,
it could even be said that they are revolting...and not too happy either.

cheers

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I certainly won't get into "Climate Change" conversation since it borders on being illegal to be on here. But I would like to know what happened to fall... :facepalm:

You're correct, this Topic is teetering on the fence......

Fall? Me too. It was cold and wet, just plain crappy......

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I can't complain about the weather; I can't change it. Here the general expression is "If you don't like the weather; wait 10 minutes"!