Happy Thanksgiving to all my American relatives and freinds

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We already had ours but having duel citizenship we celebrate both. Now that we are older we don't go down to the States and get a second full out US dinner and a day off school. So I buy a boneless Turkey roast that is perfect for the 2 of us plus leftovers. Put it in the oven and settle down for the games. No games on. It must be blacked out here for some stupid reason on my CDN Sat TV provider. I loose it. Send off a scathing email to Bell TV. I do the meal with all the fixins including my Aunt from Kentucky's famous Corn Puddin' and Candied Yams, I try at least, wife gets home and we enjoy, with no games however. Then I find out it's THIS Thursday not LAST Thursday. It's not just our money below par.

Happy Thanksgiving all, and enjoy.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
there will be 6 of us. already smoked a 12# bird for my famous smoked turkey spread

we have a 20# bird for roasting and an 8# ham.

will have left overs for my lunch till the end of the year.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Ironmaker !
We usually fry a turkey but this year the Admiral wants to smoke it .. 🦃

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Going to be baking up the bird and smoking a slab of pork belly, I am sure it will be way to much for just me and the wife, but we will make it a good one.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

southkogs

Staff member
We start the "visit family road show" tomorrow (haven't done it in a few years). Lotsa' windshield time, but we dont' have to cook :)

Y'all have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with family.

aspeck

Staff member
Thanks Iron! I don't have to cook tomorrow! Going to my SIL's ... wife is to bring the candied sweet potatoes.All I have to do is sit back and enjoy the show ... I think I heard 18 are going to be there, but however many is not my problem.

oldrem

Commander
I'll bake the pies tonight and make a bean casserole tomorrow, Admiral does the rest. Roasted turkey, stuffing, cranberries, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, corn, rolls dang I'm getting hungry now.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Warming up with a pre - turkey day meal tonight ! Low country boil ! Jumbo shrimp , crab legs , sausage, corn , and taters ! :p