New Bug down here

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Was talking with my daughter about T Day (Food;etc). It seems there is a Bug floating around! It's called FFS. (Fake Flu Syndrome). It usually effects the middle age (30-50); and has some wierd effects. Usually starts on Wednesday; and gets progressively worse. Thursday usually starts with a mild headache; minor pain. Somehow you can still manage normal activity (Grocery shop; Soccer and Football games; boat repair and outdoor activity in moderation. Medication is a Baby Aspirin; or a OTC pill (Sugar).By Friday; you can't get a Dr appt; and the ER's are full. The wierdest thing is it gets worse when the weather gets better.

sam60

Captain
Good one, Redfred1. I could come down with that but already not feeling good and promised my 81 year old Mom that I would make the 6 hour drive. My idea was not to have traditional Turkey day dinner and I am grilling a bunch of riblets! Less work for her.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
My daughter came up with that ailment. There were a couple more effects I didn't mention. It's amazing how sickly people become when its around a Holiday. And its always the same people! Most places would send them packing.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
This is why when people request time off, I typically just approve it. If I don't, it's funny how they always happen to be sick.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I think we have the same up here. While the Admiral does the master planning for the family events, it is usually the same that come down with FFS or something - nope, don't count on them to help out...