2018 NFL - Week 11

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Prayers to all the people involved in the CA wildfires, especially those that passed away and their families. The town of Paradise is basically wiped off the map. If you ever wanted to see what Hell looks like, the videos on the news give people a good idea. People are being trained to identify people remains vs animals. That's how hot these fires are that are being battled. It's terrible out there....

Thursday Night Football

NFL Network/FOX 7:20 central

Packers 4-4-1(0-4 away) vs Seahawks 4-5(1-2 home)

Probably be the last time Bellueller's name is mentioned for awhile, and the crowd erupts with joy! He missed the signing deadline, so he's done for the season. Good riddance...........

Week 11 Power Rankings
1) Saints - #1 Two weeks in a row
2) Chiefs
3) Rams
4) Chargers
5) Steelers - Jumped 2 spots
6) NE
7) Bears - Moved up 3
8) Vikings
9) Texans - Broke the top 10
10) Packers - Broke the top 10

Eagles / Panthers out

Chiefs Rams game was moved from Mexico City to LA due to poor field conditions. Ahhhh, what happened to the ol days. I guess they pay these players so much they don't want to take a chance on someone getting hurt....

Notable Injuries
Antonio Gates, LAC TE
News Archive
Los Angeles Chargers
Questionable
Gates (knee) was a non-participant in Thursday's practice.
D'Onta Foreman*, Hou RB
News Archive
Houston Texans
Out
Though Foreman (Achilles) was cleared to practice Wednesday, it's not expected that he'll be available to play Sunday against the Redskins, Sarah Barshop of ESPN.com reports. "What type of shape is he in? Can he carry the ball more than two times in a row without having to go get a drink of water?" coach Bill O'Brien said, when asked about what factors the team would consider before activating Foreman from the PUP list. "He had a good year last year. That was a long time ago, so let's just...see where he's at."
Sammy Watkins, KC WR
News Archive
Kansas City Chiefs
Questionable
Watkins (foot) logged a limited practice Thursday.
Joe Flacco, Bal QB
News Archive
Baltimore Ravens
Questionable
Flacco (right hip) was not spotted at Thursday's practice, Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic reports.
Cam Newton, Car QB
News Archive
Carolina Panthers
Questionable
The Panthers estimated Newton (shoulder) as a limited participant for Thursday's practice, Steve Reed of the Associated Press reports.
Adam Thielen, Min WR
News Archive
Minnesota Vikings
Questionable
Thielen (lower back, calf) practiced in a limited capacity Thursday, Chad Graff of The Athletic reports
More on your favorite team:
http://www.nfl.com/injuries

iBOATS Pickem
1) bassman

2) GA_Boater
3) BluesCrew
4) FlaCowboy
5) Musky
5) PSU Homer

Good Luck Everyone!
Musky

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A little concerned the Packers would win. But no, the Hawks came through.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
A friend of our's mom is missing in the Paradise fire and presumed dead at this point.

Another friend's house is burnt to the ground in Malibu.

The people in the house I just sold and people in my my rental house had to evacuate. Was and is pretty miserable.

On a good note, I am going to the Ram's game on Monday.

GA_Boater

The number of missing is beyond belief. I guess most of those are from Paradise.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thing is, there must very little communication services. Hopefully most are fine and they just cant get in contact with friends/relatives...

GA_Boater

I saw a story today about a missing family that evacuated to a place with poor cell coverage. Someone saw their names on the list of missing and they managed to get in touch and let the responders know. Hope there are many more like that.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I saw a report on a garbage truck driver that went back into the evacuated area to check on some of his elderly customers.
Found a 90 year old lady that had just gone though some back surgery that was unable to leave on her own so they put her in the cab and drove her out ... I’m sure there are many stories like that about truly good people ..

Steelers have a revenge game today ! We prolly don’t stand a chance against them today as bad as we are playing lately ..:yield:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
What is happening in California is just heartbreaking. 1000 missing. We have family in Roseville, all are safe and sound thank God. I'm not a prayer kind of man but I have taken the time to make them for these poor souls.

As far as Football which is insignificant at this time, at least the Bill's don't lose a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

I saw a report on a garbage truck driver that went back into the evacuated area to check on some of his elderly customers.
Found a 90 year old lady that had just gone though some back surgery that was unable to leave on her own so they put her in the cab and drove her out ... I’m sure there are many stories like that about truly good people ..

Steelers have a revenge game today ! We prolly don’t stand a chance against them today as bad as we are playing lately ..:yield:

The garbage truck driver did more than take the lady to safety. He took her into his home and the kids love her. She found out it will be 3 months before she can return to her undamaged home and the man is letting her stay until she can go home. There are good people in this world, we just don't hear much about them.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/17/us/camp-fire-garbageman/index.html

Revenge is sweet!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
6 - 16 Jax ...
End of 3rd Steelers have some momentum.. Should get interesting !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Oh boy ! Steelers have it within 3 points now .. Little over 2 mins left ..
Jags need to move the ball !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Steelers get the ball back 1:50 left .. Come on defense!
uggg big play Steelers in red zone

GA_Boater

1:42 for the Steelers to win. I hope!

The Admiral was right again - Never trust the Falcons. Never!