New puppy finally here! :)

ezbtr

Commander
Another parvo survivor, 2.5 mos, Kayden girl, Sheperd/Yellow lab mix(??) , parvo is frequent in central TX. She's a happy girl, loves Kooper (10 mos) and running all over outside and in, has her own crate, toys, etc :)

Attachments

• Kayd1.3.jpg
    Kayd1.3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Kayd1.2.jpg
    Kayd1.2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Kayd1.1.jpg
    Kayd1.1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Great looking pup, glad she made it through the ordeal

I've lost 2 and only one lived through it
Was told that if a pup lives to 1 year without catching it their good. Need to live long enough for the vaccines to work

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Let the house training begin...... :Cry::facepalm::bounce:

ezbtr

Commander
Once they exhibit no parvo signs for two weeks, they stop those vaccines, our first Kooper(10 mos) took a few weeks (4-6) gotta make the puppy outlive the disease, lots of sun, food, water, rest, she's been super playful w/ Kooper, in back yard and house :) and oh yes, been saving newspapers for the accidents, LOL :)

tpenfield

Staff member
Congrats. Agree with the others, very nice looking dog.

ezbtr

Commander
Thanks guys, my only want was a Shepard mix (had em since I was a little kid) girlfriend wanted a girl and NOT black, as our two cats are, and older pup is a dark brown, blackish boy, LOL! :)
Also, once a dog gets better from parvo, they can never get it again, and our neighbors dogs COULD play w/ her if they are up to date on shots, but for now, neighbors just come over to visit her/us - yes a cool neighborhood we are in(moved a year ago from N. CA.) just north of Austin.
We bbq approx every 2 weeks, neighbors come in the front door, dogs through back gate, super fun!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Lab mix dogs are great !
Well except for the digging holes and chewing on everything part :rolleyes:

southkogs

Staff member
Good lookin' pup - looks like that might be Golden retriever mixed in there. Not sure exactly why I see that more than lab, but the two are pretty close. Congrats!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Ah thanks a lot. I want her. My Lady and I have been together 25 years. She is a cat person, I am not, definitely not, I am a Dog person, she isn't. . She came into the relationship with 1, I actually liked Leggs Cat. Lost her 13 years ago and it was bad around here. I was puppy hunting. I tapped out and she got 2 cats, the Mom and the kitten. Moma died 5 years ago and the baby cat was put down 3 weeks ago. She cries each and every day. Guess who's not getting a Puppy? I just asked if we can just get a 2 week holiday in first. No Cat hotels around here. I sure love your Puppy ezbtr.

I don't know if I have the energy anymore to deal with a Pup and a kitten which is a compromise.

ezbtr

Commander
Good lookin' pup - looks like that might be Golden retriever mixed in there. Not sure exactly why I see that more than lab, but the two are pretty close. Congrats!

yeah Golden Retriever, I had same thought :)

ezbtr

Commander
Ah thanks a lot. I want her. My Lady and I have been together 25 years. She is a cat person, I am not, definitely not, I am a Dog person, she isn't. . She came into the relationship with 1, I actually liked Leggs Cat. Lost her 13 years ago and it was bad around here. I was puppy hunting. I tapped out and she got 2 cats, the Mom and the kitten. Moma died 5 years ago and the baby cat was put down 3 weeks ago. She cries each and every day. Guess who's not getting a Puppy? I just asked if we can just get a 2 week holiday in first. No Cat hotels around here. I sure love your Puppy ezbtr.

I don't know if I have the energy anymore to deal with a Pup and a kitten which is a compromise.

we have 2 cats as well, they all get on fine, super nice this house is so much larger than N. CA. one, I'm pretty much retired at 54, so I have plenty of time for them all :)

angus63

Captain
Two labs are wackier than one. Enjoy them!!!!

Attachments

• photo304886.jpg
    photo304886.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 0

ezbtr

Commander
[No message]

Attachments

• photo304246.jpg
    photo304246.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo304902.jpg