2018 NFL - Week 10

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I have had to be a Bills fan by DNA aspeck, Mom was from Western NY. My second team was always the Steelers as a kid. I am from Canada's Steeltown, Hamilton Ont.80% of the men in the neighbourhood and all my Uncles worked in the Steel Mills, as did I. Plus the Steelers and our CFL Hamilton Tiger Cats have virtually the same uniforms. They say Steeler Yellow and Black, in Hamilton we call it the Cats Gold and Black. You guys should say Steeler Gold and Black.

aspeck

Staff member
We actually say “Black and Gold” but our uniforms are yellow ... we should say Black and yellow! LOL!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We actually say “Black and Gold” but our uniforms are yellow ... we should say Black and yellow! LOL!

During the bio on Coach Cower I heard a few say Black and Yellow. Black and Gold much better.

I want to pinch myself. The Bills are up 38-10 over the Jets. The Jets are hardly a Super Bowl contender I know but haven't had much to cheer about as of late. Some guy name Barkley is the Buffalo QB for a day.

Then down the road from us in Hamilton the Tiger Cats are playing in a playoff game, CFL version of a Wild Card game, they are up over Vancouver Lions 44-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

aspeck

Staff member
For those that say Brady is the GOAT, don’t you have to be able to run 6 yards without falling over to even be considered? LOL! At least he caught the ball this time, but that grass was tough, tripped him up good! Ha!

Double Ha! Titans run the same play and Mariota gains 20 yards ... just not Brady’s day...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Going down to the wire against the colts .. 3 mins left 3 points down . Jaguars really need a win !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks like the officials just gave the game to the colts ..
Runners knee was down before ball popped out .

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The GOAT have a bad day? LOL

Chargers are winning by 2 TDs.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
When I looked at LAC I think it was 0-3 in the 2nd and Rivers was 1 for 4 for 1yd...

GA_Boater

The question is - What's wrong with Atlanta? They lost big time to Cleveland! The Admiral says never pick the Falcons cuz you never know what team will show up. She was right today.

bassman284

Commander
The question is - What's wrong with Atlanta? They lost big time to Cleveland! The Admiral says never pick the Falcons cuz you never know what team will show up. She was right today.

Funny. I feel the same way about them (Steelers too) but I just couldn't pull the trigger for the Browns, who are the definition of hapless.

aspeck

Staff member
I picked the Browns, and changed it just because. I also picked the Bills and then talked myself out of that pick.:facepalm:

GA_Boater

There is something innately wrong about picking the Browns. But they are having the best season since 2015 when they also won 3 games.

Bonus Round - Who was on the Browns head coach merry-go-round in 2015? LOL

GA_Boater

Angus - Have you lost faith in the scoring ability of the Giants? :eek:

anguspm.PNG

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
:rolleyes: :lol: How do you just score 1 point ?
Dont ya have to get 6 first ?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That was some Sunday eh? Anyone that took the long shots came out with some good coin in their jeans.

Brady was never a Bob Hayes. You can't take his crown away because of 1 game or 1 ugly run.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Brady is overrated. Yes he is good but when you have the same coach and a good chunk of the coaching staff for what, 18 years - it is a whole different game (pun intended). It like hooking up with the ex - things just naturally know what/where/how/when to happen when the nakedness happens. Put him under the 'normal' 3-6 coaches in that same time span, maybe put him in a different city, he would just be another really good, not 'great' QB.

And he thinks way too highly of himself. That irritates me too. I'll challenge him to a 100 meg spreadsheet to tell me the average cost of shipping from a DC in CA to 328 locations nationally. I'm the GOAT of my kingdom...

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Oh Joe, stop it. I never liked the guy but to deny his talent is just wrong. Yes it's nice to win a Super Bowl in his 1st season and he has had arguably the GOAT of NFL or any other sports coach. He is surrounded by sometimes no name free agents and 5th round picks and still wins.

You can score 1 point up here by kicking it out of the 25 yard end zone. Imagine getting rewarded for missing a field goal???

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You can say that about any great player. Move them to another city with different players surrounding him and of course he wouldn't be as great as he's been, maybe. Look at Farve who came to the Vikings. He was great in GB and almost took the Vikes to the SB. If it wasn't 4 the bounty put out on him by NO in the NFC championship game they may have made it. They almost crippled the guy.

To be a great player you need to be surrounded by other good players. They call it a team for a reason. It's not just Brady, it's his surrounding cast also. Most people can't stand Bill, but he's a great coach.

He's played 18 seasons with the same team, that's unheard of. Heck. Joe Montana played 15 and that was 2 too many. He ended up going to KC to finish his career... Granted, he got hurt in '91. But that's another testiment to Brady was to stay healthy.

He's starting to backslide, but after the career he's had, it's expected....

Last edited: