2018 NFL - Week 10

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Prayers to the 12 that died, and their families, in a night club shooting in California. One fatality was an officer who was 1yr from retirement...... Sad....

Thursday Night Football

NFL Network/FOX 7:20 central

Panthers (6-2 1-2 away) vs Steelers (5-2-1 2-2 home)

Speaking of the Steelers, they seem to be in the news lately, Antonio Brown was caught speeding over 100mph. There is no indication he will not play tonite. Dbag? My bet is he'll never be in a Steelers uniform again... Although, rumors have him back before his signing deadline on the 13th. I'll believe it when I see it... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...port-next-week

Week 10 Power Rankings
1) Saints - A new #1
2) Chiefs
3) Rams
4) Patriots
5) Chargers
6) Panthers
7) Steelers
8) Vikings
9) Eagles
10) Bears - 1st time in the top 10

Notable Injuries
Jordan Reed, Wsh TE
News Archive
Washington Redskins
Questionable
Reed (back) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice, Greg Auman of The Athletic reports.
Mike Evans, TB WR
News Archive
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Questionable
Evans (knee) turned in a limited practice Thursday, Greg Auman of The Athletic reports.
Matt Bryant, Atl K
News Archive
Atlanta Falcons
Questionable
Hammy for a K is never good..... Bryant (hamstring) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice, Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports.
Kerryon Johnson, Det RB
News Archive
Detroit Lions
Questionable
Johnson (ankle) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice, Tim Twentyman of the Lions' official site reports
Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
News Archive
New England Patriots
Questionable
When isn't Gronk injured. He missed last week...... Gronkowski (back/ankle) logged a limited practice Thursday, Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reports.
Jimmy Graham, GB TE
News Archive
Green Bay Packers
Questionable
That would be a hit to the Pack passing game.... Graham (knee) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reports.
Checkout your favorite team
http://www.nfl.com/injuries

iBOATS Pickem

The top 2 are locking horns and running away..... The rest of us are gathered around watching the fight...

1) GA_Boater
1) bassman

3) FlaCowboy
4) BluesCrew
5) PSU Homer

Don't forget to make your picks! Don't be a Musky!

If you can't win, I hope your team does!
Good Luck!

Musky

Ps. South shore of Lake Superior is under a winter storm warning into Sat......

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Ummm, correction Musky, the Steelers are 5-2-1 and the Panthers are 6-2. Remember, the mighty Browns tied them the first week of the season ... or was it the second? I don’t remember ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I was going to say, go Panthers. Figured it was a solid upset pick. Then again, maybe not...

aspeck

Staff member
Steelers score 3 TD’s in 6 minutes and after going down 7-0 after Carolina’s opening drive, go up 7-21 with 4:23 left in the 1st quarter!

a 75 yard 1 play drive (pass to JuJu)
a pick 6
a 61 yard drive featuring Conner

that is all...

aspeck

Staff member
Steelers up 31-14 at the half... and Newton is Nursing a sore shoulder from all the sacks and hits he has taken ... TJ Watt and Depree are terrorizing Cam.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I see Brown's 1st half yardage matches his speedo - 100+/- a little, LOL

aspeck

Staff member
18 seconds left in the 3rd and Jesse James scores a TD ... 45-14 Steelers ... not looking good for a Carolina Comeback ...

aspeck

Staff member
And Carolina fumbles the kick off, Chickalo for the Steelers recovers, and at the end of the 3rd quarter the Steelers have the ball, 2nd and goal from the 6.

aspeck

Staff member
And first play of the 4th ... TD for Samuels and Pittsburgh! 52-14. Pitt has yet to punt the ball.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Steeler Kryptonite Defense!

Samuels scores after the turnover, 52 - 14. Turn off the lights, the party's over.

aspeck

Staff member
52-21 final ... Steelers 2nd and 3rd string played the entire 4th quarter... good win for the Steelers ... not so good loss for the Panthers.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Why did I open this. Planned on watching tomorrow. That's a blowout. I thought it would be close. I guess I thought wrong. Panthers D is better than that score, that I do know. Not today, any given Sunday.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
With Conner they dont need Bell....

And without Conner? NFL radio says he sustained an injury. When, and why was he playing in the second half ahead by almost 40 points? Sometimes Tomlins moves make me shake my head.

aspeck

Staff member
And without Conner? NFL radio says he sustained an injury. When, and why was he playing in the second half ahead by almost 40 points? Sometimes Tomlins moves make me shake my head.

Tomlin came out the second half and said Conner would be used sparingly the second half to give him rest. He was used sparingly the first half also. Conner did make 2 trips to the "blue tent" in the 3rd quarter before retiring to the locker room. Initial indications were a hit to the head late in the 2nd quarter and used in only a handful of plays after that. Ben and most of the Steelers starters removed after the first minute of the 4th quarter.

And without Conner? Ridley, Nix, and Samuels are playing relatively well ... I think most RBs would play relatively well behind that offensive line.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I watched the tape. I'll take back some of the Tomlin makes me shake my head comment. He still does at times. It was big news a few weeks ago about Tomlin losing the locker room. Looks like he has won it back.

If anyone missed "A Football Life" Friday night on the NFL network featuring Bill Cower I highly recommend it. Except the last 5 minutes, too mushy for Coach Cower, turns out he is mushy around his girls.

aspeck

Staff member
That's okay, Old Ironmaker, I am a Steeler fan and Tomlim makes me shake my head at times... As far as the locker room control goes, I think some of his "big uglies" on the O-line helped with getting control back. That O-line is the leaders of the team - they allow Big Ben to be the figurehead.