Nascar 2018 Race #8 - Playoff Edition - AAA Rodeo At Texas

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Will the OT restart be a Texas shoot 'em up? Could be!

Blaney and Harvick are side by side.

GA_Boater

Harvick holds on over Blaney, Joey, Jones, Larson and Elliott.

Harvick is locked into Homestead along with Joey last week.

Trackchicks Stars is the early leader pending final results on Tuesday.

Playoff driver finishing positions:
#4-Kevin Harvick, 1st
#22-Joey Logano, 3rd
#9-Chase Elliott, 6th
#41-Kurt Busch, 7th
#10-Aric Almirola, 8th
#78-Martin Truex, Jr., 9th
#18-Kyle Busch, 17th
#14-Clint Bowyer, 26th

GA_Boater

Joey had a good day and he could have coasted after winning last week. But he was in the thick if things.

GA_Boater

Says @odsteve: Johnson mistake was “unacceptable” and “disappointing” and NASCAR will put processes in place to make sure it doesn’t happen again. They apologized to Knaus and team.

Isn't this special!

I wonder if Knaus and team knew the rule or just accepted Nascar's to the back decision with no argument?

GA_Boater

Final point tally from Nascar shows Trackchicks Stars as the Texas iFL winner Congrats, TCS. 🏆

TCS is also leading the overall standings.

This weekend features the last elimination race in all three series. Cup, X-Men and Trucks are at Phoenix.

aspeck

Staff member
[h=3]NASCAR Penalties: Texas Motor Speedway[/h]
The No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing team has been issued an L1-level penalty following driver Kevin Harvick’s win Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway, an infraction that carries major championship implications in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

The team violated Section 20.4.12 of the NASCAR Rule Book that is specific to spoilers. Spoilers must be used exactly as supplied from the manufacturer and not altered. The infraction was discovered in post-race tear down at the NASCAR Research & Development Center.

As a result, Harvick has been docked 40 driver points and the team loses 40 owner points as well. Harvick’s win at Texas no longer automatically qualifies the team for the Championship 4 in Miami.

Harvick will enter this weekend’s Round of 8 finale fourth among eight playoff drivers in the standings, three points above the cutline – should there be a tie for the final transfer spot, Harvick cannot use the Texas win in the tie-breaking procedure.

Suspensions/Fine: Additionally, both crew chief Rodney Childers and car chief Robert Smith have been suspended for the next two races – ISM Raceway at Phoenix and the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Childers also has been fined $75,000.

The team has the right to appeal the penalty to the NASCAR Motorsports Appeals Panel. There was no immediate word from SHR officials if they planned to do so.

GA_Boater

Harvick holds on over Blaney, Joey, Jones, Larson and Elliott.

H̶a̶r̶v̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶H̶o̶m̶e̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ along with Joey last week.

Had to change my race call.

One thing for sure - The #4 leads in L1 penalties. Texas spoiler and back in March at Vegas, the rear window support L1.

Any playoff driver at Phoenix with Harvick in the rear view mirror better stay on their toes! Actually any driver driver cuz he will anything for a win or failing that, max points.