1 YEAR no smoking anniversary!!! :)

ezbtr

Commander
For me! Not one puff, saved so much money (sons college, toys, etc) no hacking since week 2, no shortness of breath, no meds, BP avg is 120/80 and I'm 54, after almost 30 yrs, cold turkey, did'nt like patch, pills,etc.
I did gain 10-12 lbs, probably because everything tastes better??? ;)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
congrats

my father gained 30#. part of it is the food tastes better, the other part of it is the oral stimulation aspect having to have something in the mouth. my father kept smoked beef sticks in his pocket as well as peanuts. He has long since lost the weight

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Way to go. My wife and I are trying to quit. She is smoke free for over a month and she has been smoking for close to 50 years. Me not so good but have went from 2 packs a day down to about half to a pack a day.

ezbtr

Commander
Way to go. My wife and I are trying to quit. She is smoke free for over a month and she has been smoking for close to 50 years. Me not so good but have went from 2 packs a day down to about half to a pack a day.

Keep trying!! I had at least 6-7 failed attempts! But got super sick, bronchitis, fever, hospital for 3 days etc, had a great doc who steered me right, and the money saved, and you'll feel so much better physically!

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Way to go ezbtr! Sometimes certain events MAKE people improve the O&M of there bodies, sounds like you're ahead of it - way to go! It definitely gets easier to do so many things that are better for your body.

ezbtr

Commander
Way to go ezbtr! Sometimes certain events MAKE people improve the O&M of there bodies, sounds like you're ahead of it - way to go! It definitely gets easier to do so many things that are better for your body.

The first 4 months, I saved enough cash to buy my gf a new Remington 870 shotgun, and an H&K 9mm for me!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I've got a thread on the hill truth that I started in 07 I think. I finally quit just over three years ago.

If you quit quitting yer just a quitter.

ezbtr

Commander
The first 4 months, I saved enough cash to buy my gf a new Remington 870 shotgun, and an H&K 9mm for me!

yup, I know I tried quite a few times, sometimes an eye opener is needed, it's really not that bad - and I was "bad" never thought I could or would quit ;)