Australian football grand final...

achris

More fish than mountain goat
One of the very best games I've seen in a long time... Glad to say, my team WON! :D :D :D

GF.PNG

Chris........

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Congrats Chris !
79 points “I assume” is a high score ! Must not have had a lot of defense ! :D
‘Sorry I don’t know much about rugby But I’m sure I would rather watch it than soccer ..;)

achris

Rugby! :facepalm:

Australian Rules Football.

79 points (made up of 11 'goals', each worth 6 points, and 13 'behinds', each worth one point) is an average score. But it's not the individual score that's the point, it's that it's more than the other team (74)...

:first:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Felt it was my duty to find out more on th sport . :joyous:
‘Looks much better than soccer or rugby ...

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
One of the very best games I've seen in a long time... Glad to say, my team WON! :D :D :D

Chris........

Congrats on the Premiership
unfortunately l am devasted...as are the 2 family members who don't even normally follow the 'pies,

to lead nearly all the way and then to loose in the last couple of mins,
shocking...

at least it was a close game,

Thugby lol
cannot bring myself to watch that neanderthal knuckle dragging "blood sport " favored by NSW and Qld

l heard that when those horrid games are over they use fire hoses, whips and pig dogs to force the players back to their cages and start writing out assault charges,
which they then give to " managers " as the players themselves can't read or write...

AND they still whinge about spear tackles being banned...

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
I actually watched the game....without expecting much. Very pleasant surprise.
But it is always great for any sport when their showpiece is a spectacular match.
The game was two 100% different halves....never seen any more of a reversal of fortune.

No need to bash rugby though.... :)
I still play Old Boys and am 60..... greatest game in the world to play.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I don’t get the jumping on the other teams players to catch the ball . Are there any such thing as a personal foul ?

achris

I don’t get the jumping on the other teams players to catch the ball . Are there any such thing as a personal foul ?

Jumping up to take a 'mark' is part of the spectacle of the game. But it has to be done 'legally'. Yes, there are many ways to incur a penalty...

Chris....

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
I actually watched the game....without expecting much. Very pleasant surprise.
But it is always great for any sport when their showpiece is a spectacular match.
The game was two 100% different halves....never seen any more of a reversal of fortune.

No need to bash rugby though.... :)
I still play Old Boys and am 60..... greatest game in the world to play.

Interesting you watched it...
did that have anything to do with a certain lanky yank Collingwood player, Mason Cox, the " first " American to play in an aussie rule GF getting some recognition in the States?

Saw one story about him, from the US,
the sports journalist didn't quite understand the game or concept,

probably like me with gridiron,

l wasn't really bagging rugby played in its finest form,
just the thugby version played in NSW and QLD,

All that violence, all that bloodshed, all those squished noses spread out over those combatants faces

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Never heard of Mason Cox....I like AFL for the same reason as my other favorite sports....simple rules, simple equipment, and free flowing with few if any stoppages.